Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
High risk obstetrician
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:20 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
how much before do u have to join

I think three months. I’m not sure because I was already pregnant so it wasn’t an option for me. Check with the health share and double check that abdelik still takes it.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:55 pm
I used Dr baum for my fifth pregnancy when I became high risk she turned at 36 weeks and was breech with one foot up one foot down had a version for a Few hours didn't work and he did my c section I couldn't have been happier love his bedside manner pleasant felt like he treated me like his own daughter

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:17 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I’ve been looking for the last couple of weeks and didn’t really get anywhere. Have an appointment scheduled with RWJ OBs but so nervous. Heard Dr Segal is great but not all of them are... the options in the area are not great...

Rwj is amazing! Don’t worry about it I think you will be very happy there! I had a pretty complicated case and used them they were super on top of everything, I felt very taken care of and confident that I was in the best hands. Dr segal is extremely amazing and dr. Lundberg but they are all great.

2mamma2

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 1:17 am
RWJ is high risk?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 8:26 am
2mamma2 wrote:
RWJ is high risk?

No. But they have a reputation as being able to handle higher risk cases. I’m currently using them and seeing a mfm group in the hospital. Seems the way to go in this area....
It’s a bit of a pain cause the communication between the two groups is super fragmented and I spend so much time just making sure the other one has the reports from the previous appointments...

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 8:47 am
I've used dr hakimi dr rosen and dr abdelhack for 4 of my kids.
I would recommend dr abdelhack if u can find a way...

2mamma2

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 11:35 pm
We're u happy w abdulek

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 11:56 pm
I probably would not be here today without dr hakimis interventions and quick skill. My baby as well. I can’t imagine ever using anyone else.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 11:58 pm
2mamma2 wrote:
We're u happy w abdulek

yes

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:21 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
No. But they have a reputation as being able to handle higher risk cases. I’m currently using them and seeing a mfm group in the hospital. Seems the way to go in this area....
It’s a bit of a pain cause the communication between the two groups is super fragmented and I spend so much time just making sure the other one has the reports from the previous appointments...

Bumping this up... Which hospital do they deliver in?
Are most of the doctors men or women?
I had a high risk pregnancy which would make me more potentially risky this time around but iyH now, but curious to hear more.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:48 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Bumping this up... Which hospital do they deliver in?
Are most of the doctors men or women?
I had a high risk pregnancy which would make me more potentially risky this time around but iyH now, but curious to hear more.

They deliver in RWJ Hospital. I had an unplanned csection with Dr. Kim and was very pleased with the whole experience. He was so respectful of what I wanted, gave me my space when I needed. My scar is not that big and healed beautifully.
Can someone clue me in why a Manhattan Dr would be better? Is there an actual difference in recovery time or scar size?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:50 pm
Check out their website, you can see a picture of each Dr.
https://rwjobgynassociates.com.....s.php
It's 4 men and 3 women, only 3 of the male doctors deliver, so for delivery it's 3 and 3.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:52 pm
I've been with them 6 years. The drs are all great but lately the office became dysfunctional. They claim they're working on it. I hope so. See other thread about this group.

I don't know what to do because I really like the drs.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 12:47 am
I used abdelhak recently. Hospital took my insurance and all labs and sonograms are covered by insurance. So it’s only the dr fee you need to pay out of pocket if your insurance doesn’t have out of network coverage.

He was definitely very good and I would recommend him. Office staff is really nice and it’s not so far from Lakewood.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 6:49 am
Does rwj hospital have a good NICU? I hope I don't need it but I did last time and once that happens once it kind of becomes a necessity.
For comparison, last time I used the high risk practice in columbia (didn't live in Lakewood).
I really prefer a woman and it seems like all the reccomendations on this thread besides rwj are men...
Any others?

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 8:10 am
Dr Abdelhak has 2 women partners.

mom!

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 8:27 am
I’m thrilled with RWJ. Even if you have to see another doctor, Segal will always take care of you.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 8:57 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Does rwj hospital have a good NICU? I hope I don't need it but I did last time and once that happens once it kind of becomes a necessity.
For comparison, last time I used the high risk practice in columbia (didn't live in Lakewood).
I really prefer a woman and it seems like all the reccomendations on this thread besides rwj are men...
Any others?

We spent a month in the NICU and found it excellent - but this daughter is already in elementary school so you might want to hear from people who were there more recently. The only issue was that if she'd have needed emergency cardiac surgery (which was a real concern but BH her condition was not emergent) she'd have needed to be airlifted to Columbia or CHOP since they didn't do neonatal cardiac surgery in RWJ then.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 9:01 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
We spent a month in the NICU and found it excellent - but this daughter is already in elementary school so you might want to hear from people who were there more recently. The only issue was that if she'd have needed emergency cardiac surgery (which was a real concern but BH her condition was not emergent) she'd have needed to be airlifted to Columbia or CHOP since they didn't do neonatal cardiac surgery in RWJ then.

Ok that's good to hear. I'm assuming any hospital within 45 min of lakewood wouldn't be able to handle major surgery... That's what scares me since what my son needed a smaller NICU could have provided- but a) it's not genetic, no reason to think it will happen again and b) we knew about it from 20 weeks so would know in the future.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 11:53 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I used abdelhak recently. Hospital took my insurance and all labs and sonograms are covered by insurance. So it’s only the dr fee you need to pay out of pocket if your insurance doesn’t have out of network coverage.

He was definitely very good and I would recommend him. Office staff is really nice and it’s not so far from Lakewood.

how much did it cost you? who are his female partners?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries