Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Are they closing schools this week?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:15 am
In nyc

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:16 am
According to DeBlasio, he will close the schools if the city's positivity rate reaches 3% on a 7-day rolling average. As of Friday, it was at 2.8%. Yesterday was slightly lower, but they're anticipating hitting that threshold very soon. So we'll probably be open on Monday, but be prepared to be shut down at any moment. Crying

Zehava

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:21 am
Public schools probably. But I don’t see private schools shutting down anytime soon.

tweety1

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:26 am
Zehava wrote:
Public schools probably. But I don’t see private schools shutting down anytime soon.

I actually do. Debozo is shutting public schools. Shmuomo will likely do that will private school. It'll be a fight but he'll definitely try. If not this week then next. He ain't finished with the lockdown. Especially if Biden is threatening a national lockdown he'll for sure close then.

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:26 am
Zehava wrote:

This.
Thank the lord.

leah233

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:32 am
tweety1 wrote:
I actually do. Debozo is shutting public schools. Shmuomo will likely do that will private school. It'll be a fight but he'll definitely try. If not this week then next. He ain't finished with the lockdown. Especially if Biden is threatening a national lockdown he'll for sure close then.

Doesn't seem like it.

Being that we are now discussing closing down non-Jewish schools Comrade Cuomo said that he thinks closing schools is a BAD idea and it is MORE likely to spread corona by having kids out of school than in.

So it doesn't look he will close the private schools if De Blasio closes the public school system.

https://gothamist.com/news/cuo.....-plan

Mothers

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:34 am
tweety1 wrote:

Cuomo’s just spoke out against wholesale closure of schools. He advocated for only closing individual schools, based upon the infection rate at the school - rather than the infection rate in the city. (Of course he may have only said that because he needs to say the opposite of whatever de Blasio says . . . )

flowerpower

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:46 am
Many public school parents are switching to private schools or homeschooling. They’ve had enough!

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:53 am
Mothers wrote:
Cuomo’s just spoke out against wholesale closure of schools. He advocated for only closing individual schools, based upon the infection rate at the school - rather than the infection rate in the city. (Of course he may have only said that because he needs to say the opposite of whatever de Blasio says . . . )

I think that's the first rational thing I've heard him say since covid started. Now lets see him put his money where his mouth is and actually carry it through on it and not cave in to pressure to shut everything down for no logical reason.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries