Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Girls bulletproof tights, pretty please!!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 6:22 pm
So this is in the finances section, because at the rate that my girls' tights are ripping, I'm gonna go broke Banging head .
I bought the ribbed thin tights (at 5.50 a piece!!, Thinking itll last for many shabbosim) and both my girls had several holes in them after wearing for a few hours.
Please recommend black shabbos tights for elementary age girls,that last!!!
TIA

ysydmom

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 6:40 pm
at a certain point I realized that buying tights is like throwing out $ so I started buying leggings instead the cost is much cheaper you only need a few pairs, they last forever so no throwing out much warmer and more tznius than tights you can get knee socks to cover all the way up so nobody knows its leggings. I hate tights. Leggings are the best and you save tons of $.

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 6:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So this is in the finances section, because at the rate that my girls' tights are ripping, I'm gonna go broke Banging head .
I bought the ribbed thin tights (at 5.50 a piece!!, Thinking itll last for many shabbosim) and both my girls had several holes in them after wearing for a few hours.
Please recommend black shabbos tights for elementary age girls,that last!!!
TIA

If you dont want cotton tights (some come with a design of the same color. Makes it more shabbosdig) on Shabbos you just gotta admit defeat. Bullet proof thin tights is an oxymoron! I get the cotton for Shabbos until my girls are old enough to have their own taste and opinion.

Last edited by ExtraCredit on Sat, Nov 14 2020, 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 6:44 pm
This helps a little drop. Size up one

L K

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 6:51 pm
Mod and toe opaque microfiber —not sure if I remember the exact name correctly- lasted very nicely, unlike all other brands!!
They used to come in only very few dark shades; not sure what’s the story now

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 7:34 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
This helps a little drop. Size up one

That's what I was thinking. Could be the tights are too small, and that's why they are ripping.

bunchagirlies

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 8:20 pm
I've been using palm/florence for the last few years and they deff hold up better than others. I have 3 elementary aged girls, so kind of experienced.
I recently got butterfly school collection since the store was out of the florence/palm, and it's deff thinner. We'll see how long it lasts. I learned to buy half a dozen at a time so I don't feel like I'm buying so often and spending so much. It's just psychological, but it makes me feel better. LOL

Frumwithallergies

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 8:27 pm
I like the MeMoi brand... I find they hold up. Buuuuut, my daughters like wearing hose instead of cotton tights, so they sit in the drawer.
Definitely size up; it helps.

Cheshire cat

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 8:32 pm
We use the butterfly school collection tights, and I'm pleased with the brand.
It holds up pretty well.

gande

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 8:34 pm
I find the memoi ribbed shabbos tights lasts very long. they are not cotton a bit heavy, found by the shabbos section.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 8:36 pm
gande wrote:
I find the memoi ribbed shabbos tights lasts very long. they are not cotton a bit heavy, found by the shabbos section.

These are the ones I bought and I sized up. My girls are pretty gentle and they played only indoors today. I'm very disappointed.
I will try some of the other brands mentioned here.
Thanks everyone

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 8:56 pm
Not shabbos specific, but target cat and Jack warrantees their clothing for 12 months. That includes tights.

Lydia

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 9:45 pm
Memoi "Winter Opaque"--They are thicker than Butterfly school collection and I haven't had a problem with pilling. They hold up quite well. I buy three or four pairs before YomTov, and usually can make it all the way to the next YomTov before buying again.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 1:21 am
I am pretty sure my girls can rip brand new tights just by looking at them.
The only way to survive financially is to buy some shares in the stock(ing) market.

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 1:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
These are the ones I bought and I sized up. My girls are pretty gentle and they played only indoors today. I'm very disappointed.
I will try some of the other brands mentioned here.
Thanks everyone

I also bought them and they ripped very quickly. They seek to rip quicker than the non ribbed ones.

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 3:51 am
I get from marks and spencer and pretty happy with them. they don't rip that much.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:04 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I am pretty sure my girls can rip brand new tights just by looking at them.
The only way to survive financially is to buy some shares in the stock(ing) market.

This should be framed!
S’iz a Git’s!!
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 11:27 am
Following. I saw they sell the thick cotton ones with a patterned holey kind of design that makes it dressy. Maybe those would hold up. Haven't tried it yet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics