Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Is there a hotel in center of Lakewood?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:40 pm
I dont know where the center is but I want to be in center.
Can someone please post a link?

Thanks.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Nov 11 2020, 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:47 pm
There are no hotels in the center Lakewood there is a Hilton garden inn on the 70 near Toms River
https://www.hilton.com/en/hote.....GU%3D

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:54 pm
No.
Hilton garden inn or Ramada
You could rent a Lakewood host house in town
(Carasaljo inn is in center of town - next to Rabbi Forchheimer shul, dr shanik and bmg and sons of Israel - but is drug and homeless filled so not recommended)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 8:27 pm
Ok. Thanks! I appreciate the information.

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 8:31 pm
The Ramada is right next to Belz. Its not in the center of Lakewood but it's a frum area. Walkable to shuls. Shopping close by.

What are you looking to be close to?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 8:34 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
The Ramada is right next to Belz. Its not in the center of Lakewood but it's a frum area. Walkable to shuls. Shopping close by.

What are you looking to be close to?

I wish I would know. I guess I want to be close to restaurants etc.

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 8:35 pm
Are you visiting over Shabbos or just during the week? Will you have a car?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 8:39 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Are you visiting over Shabbos or just during the week? Will you have a car?

Probably not for shabbos.
Sunday-Thursday

Probably with no car but no issue taking taxis.

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 9:31 pm
I think the Ramada on Route 70 is the best choice for you.

I might be wrong about this, it's not my part of town, I think there's a shuttle near the Ramada that goes to the main area of town. Also if you're going to be with your husband, he can walk to shul from the Ramada which will save you a lot on taxis.

The other option is Lakewood Hosts. They rent houses in different areas of Lakewood. It's more expensive than a hotel. But, I would imagine this time of year, midweek, there's probably not a lot of demand, so the prices might be better. You can check their website.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 9:47 pm
Thanks again.
I appreciate.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:50 pm
So Lakewood hosts does not have availability.

These hotles mentioned are literally a 15 minute drive to BMG which I understand to be the center of Lakewood.

Is there really nothing closer?

I would really appreciate any more ideas.

birdy

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 8:31 pm
There really isn’t a center in Lakewood anymore.. back when I was growing up, bmg was in the center. But ‘town’ was also where everyone shopped (a few blocks near yeshiva) today there are almost no jewish stores left there. Wherever you stay you’re bound to be near something.. there isn’t a center street where all the restaurants are, they’re all spread apart

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:22 pm
birdy wrote:
There really isn’t a center in Lakewood anymore.. back when I was growing up, bmg was in the center. But ‘town’ was also where everyone shopped (a few blocks near yeshiva) today there are almost no jewish stores left there. Wherever you stay you’re bound to be near something.. there isn’t a center street where all the restaurants are, they’re all spread apart

Ok. So what's a good resteraunt?

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:28 pm
What are you looking to be near?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:31 pm
Am I the only one that this thread rubbed me the wrong way? Maybe I just have a dark mind, but it seems like this person is not ‘from unzera’ and maybe wants to do something damaging...dunno just rubbed me the wrong way Hiding

If someone is coming to lakewood, there is a reason why and they should know the basic answers to the questions he/she is asking

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:31 pm
SuperWify wrote:
What are you looking to be near?

I pmd you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:33 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Am I the only one that this thread rubbed me the wrong way? Maybe I just have a dark mind, but it seems like this person is not ‘from unzera’ and maybe wants to do something damaging...dunno just rubbed me the wrong way Hiding

If someone is coming to lakewood, there is a reason why and they should know the basic answers to the questions he/she is asking

Not that I need to explain myself to every poster here but if you post with you sn I will pm you.

I asked a few contacts In Lakewood and they all gave me the same things that I found here.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 9:37 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:

Why would you ever think so??? I know almost nothing about Lakewood and I'm a frum Brooklyn women.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 10:30 pm
What type of food are you looking for.
On that side of Lakewood (near Ramada) there is pizza,upscale meat, burgers, ice cream. Not sure about bagels and breakfast - but there must be. It’s very built up with lots of frum stores.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries