Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Name girl schools in bp
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:09 pm
Where do u send my kid? Bais yaakov is what everyone suggests! I dont like the fact that its so big. Any suggestions about other schools? Any information about Vein school?

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:10 pm
Are you chassidish or not? What type?

amother
Green

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:29 pm
What style are you looking for? Let me see how many I can name.
Bais bracha
Gan Yisroel
Pupa
Satmar x 2
Bobov x 2
Nesivos
Gur
Bais tzipora
Bais Sarah
Tomer devora
Belz
Viznitz
Klausenburg
Bais yakov
Vien
Bnos chava

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:36 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Bais bracha
Gan Yisroel
Pupa
Satmar x 2
Bobov x 2
Nesivos
Gur
Bais tzipora
Bais Sarah
Tomer devora
Belz
Viznitz
Klausenburg
Bais yakov
Vien
Bnos chava

Rachmistrivk
Munkatch
Bais yaakov 18 Ave
Bais yaakov Bensonhurst
Bnos Chaya

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Bais bracha
Gan Yisroel
Pupa
Satmar x 2
Bobov x 2
Nesivos
Gur
Bais tzipora
Bais Sarah
Tomer devora
Belz
Viznitz
Klausenburg
Bais yakov
Vien
Bnos chava
Bnos Chaya
Munkacz
Bais Shifra Rachmastrivka
Bais Yaakov of 18th Avenue
Does Bais Yaakov of Bensonhurst still exist?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:50 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Are you chassidish or not? What type?

Open minded but want a good chinuch for my daughter

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:51 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Bnos Chaya
Munkacz

What is bais yaakov 18th diff then the other bais yaakov?

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:52 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Bnos Chaya
Munkacz

Yes Bais Yakov of Bensonhurst is on 14/ 39

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:53 pm
[quote="amother [ Green ]"]What style are you looking for? Let me see how many I can name.
Bais bracha
Gan Yisroel
Pupa
Satmar x 2
Bobov x 2
Nesivos
Gur
Bais tzipora
Bais Sarah
Tomer devora
Belz
Viznitz
Klausenburg
Bais yakov
Vien
Bnos chava[/quote
How is Vien school?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:01 pm
cnc wrote:
Yes Bais Yakov of Bensonhurst is on 14/ 39

Whats the difference between the 3 bais yakov?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:19 pm
Afaik, BY of Bensonhurst is very yeshivish, Bensonhurst crowd. Afaik, BY of 18th Avenue is a great school, much smaller than BYBP so if you prefer a small school, it's an excellent choice. I believe it's very hard to get into.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:27 pm
BYBP is a big school but run extremely well and organized. once you are in the school, you dont realize its big. every 2 grades has its own principle. very warm and care for each child. diverse crowd, everyone feels comfortable. they also have the longest school hours.
Bais Yaakov 18th ave is very litvish. if your husband wears a shtreimel I dont think they would accept you. but there are always exceptions so you can try to apply. its one class per grade with about 33 kids per class. (BYBP doesnt put more then about 24 kids in a class. more classes, but doesnt overcrowd the class).
BY Bensenhurst is on 14th ave and 39th street. very small classes ranging from 10 girls in a class to 18 or 20 girls. not hard to get accepted there. litvish based, but I dont think they are so picky with the clientelle. I know 2 girls there whose fathers wear a shtreimel.
Would you consider Gan Yisroel?

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Whats the difference between the 3 bais yakov?

I was reluctant to send to BJBP because of the same reason, but once you're in you see it's not THAT big. The building is big, but they're organized and kids get used to it fast. Classes are small (14 kids or so in pre school).
I ended up choosing it over the others because we're "heimish" and I felt it was the best fit. Bais Yakov Bensonhurst was very nice and welcoming, but my daughter would be the only girl in her grade that her father wears a shtreimal. That's totally okay, but why not put her somewhere where she'll be one of the crowd, rather than "the chassidish one".
18th Ave is FANTASTIC, but again, the crowd is more yeshivish than heimish.
Good luck and may you be successful.

Nesivos and Vein may be options, but they're not heimish, and not Bais Yakovy, they're more chassidish. They're two different schools, with different administration, different staff, different student body (although I can see some crossover).

flowerpower

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:33 pm
I asked someone recently why she sent to Vien over BY. She said that she wAnted a smaller school. Apply and and see what happens. It’s not so easy to get into.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:39 pm
vien and BY have totally diff ways of teaching. its not just about the smaller school. OP, do you want your kids to learn in yiddish? vien/Gan yisroel etc. will teach in yiddish, BY doesnt. the havara and hashkafos will be diff also. you are comparing very diff type of schools. even if you have a vien type of class in BY thats fine, but the way the schools teach are very diff.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:52 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
vien and BY have totally diff ways of teaching. its not just about the smaller school. OP, do you want your kids to learn in yiddish? vien/Gan yisroel etc. will teach in yiddish, BY doesnt. the havara and hashkafos will be diff also. you are comparing very diff type of schools. even if you have a vien type of class in BY thats fine, but the way the schools teach are very diff.

Is Vien like gan yisroel? Also, is vein more chasidish then bybp? I kmow bnos chai is very hard with excepting. Very strict with cellphones n stuff Vein is same?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 8:03 pm
vien is extremely hard to get into and they give you a thorough background check. but you should apply anyway and see for yourself.
gan yisroel has a light chassidish/heimish openminded crowd. I would say less chassidish then vien but im not sure. they teach in yiddish.
also regarding dress code, gan yisroel nursery and kindergarden girls need to wear tights and long sleeves to school vs BY can wear socks and short sleeves.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 8:09 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
vien is extremely hard to get into and they give you a thorough background check. but you should apply anyway and see for yourself.
gan yisroel has a light chassidish/heimish openminded crowd. I would say less chassidish then vien but im not sure. they teach in yiddish.
also regarding dress code, gan yisroel nursery and kindergarden girls need to wear tights and long sleeves to school vs BY can wear socks and short sleeves.

Whats the reason for the pickyness? What are they looking at? Money? Frumness? Is it more like a frum school? And they also require ling sleeve tights n so on?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 10:04 pm
I dont know viens dresscode, but they are very picky and hard to get into. I know a few vien graduates, good solid girls, who couldnt get their daughters into vien because they didnt approve of who the graduates married. they all ended up sending to BYBP.
if youre interested in vien, best to ask someone that sends there. good luck.

dankbar

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 10:41 pm
Vien lets the girls wear knee socks in preschool
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics