Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I got fired yesterday. BY MY CARDIOLOGIST!
Previous  1  2

agreer

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 10:10 pm
So, so inspiring! I literally have tears in my eyes!

Rappel

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 10:11 pm
Awesome, Andrea!!

Sunny Days

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 10:13 pm
Wow! That’s awesome & so inspirational 🥂

...title sure was a click bait lol 😆

twizzlers1

Post Sat, Nov 14 2020, 10:33 pm
That is amazing! That should give encouragement for a lot of others never to give up. You have been inspiration to so many sharing your journey.

Geulanow

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 12:52 am
Amazing. Thanks for sharing. What exercises did you do and how often? Did you make any other changes, like diet, sleep, stress reduction?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:18 am
You are such a great role model, and so generous with your time and advice - not to mention an amazingly strong woman.

We are all so proud of you. Keep up the good work! Very Happy

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:22 am
Mazel tov

Roots

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 5:43 am
Hey so I may not be as active here as others, to know ur whole story, but im so proud of u! much hatzlacha and rooting for u!!

smile18

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:04 am
Keep up your hard work!

avrahamama

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:05 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
You are such a great role model, and so generous with your time and advice - not to mention an amazingly strong woman.

We are all so proud of you. Keep up the good work! Very Happy

Yes! Really!

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 10:45 am
Geulanow wrote:
Amazing. Thanks for sharing. What exercises did you do and how often? Did you make any other changes, like diet, sleep, stress reduction?

The first 4 or 5 months I did beginner HIIT training and step videos on you tube a few times a week. After the stress test, I got addicted to endorphins and upped my heart rate in step, and even ran in place. Came spring and covid, I started walking. Eventually my husband joined me too. I wore out a pair of shoes between March and august. We often covered close to 100 miles a month.

Recently, My frequency is less because I am studying and working. On Shabbat, for FUN, we walk from our house to the bayfront park and back 12 km. Recently we added the stairs between the oak and the high level bridge because 1) beautiful views and 2) a little extra for worsening weather and getting heart rate elevated because endorphins! When the weather was good last week, we went out more though. Thinking it’s time to start step again for shorter times ( time constraints plus inside) just have to work out scheduling it...

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 10:57 am
Geulanow wrote:

Diet- 3.5 years of continuous HFLC. I don’t go off plan ever. PDF I refer to is vinnie tortorich’s NSNG.
EXERCISE BEGAN 2.5 years in after a 95 lb loss.
Sleep- I’m an insomniac no matter what I do lol
Stress- changing my diet was the biggest change of stress in my life. My anxiety decreased, my ability to handle stress increased. I got a job working from home in July 2018 and that was way less stressful than being a caterer was.

I have solved many physical issues that caused me discomfort in addition to mental things, so overall, I am beginning from a less-stressed place overall.

My Family Doctor wishes all his patients worked as hard to stay well as I do- he even started intermittently fasting because of me!

I still have a couple of physical things. Ironically that are only problematic because I exercise. Like a calcified hamstring, hip spurs that cause bursitis and if I were to do more upper body stuff, likely the tendinitis in my
Shoulders would hurt, but it’s not like my shoulders just hurt randomly. Any pain I experience is a) not as bad as it was before when I was taking 3200 mg of Advil a day for YEARS. And B) it’s mainly caused by exercise but resolved quickly and typically without meds.

I don’t think I’ll be doing any timed races any time soon, but I now LOVE physical activity and am ready to start snow shoes when we get enough rain and hope next year to buy a canoe or some kayaks since we love boating.

Yup, I’m still 80 pounds higher than the weight chart, but I’m happy, healthy amd active. I don’t share these things to show off but to show that it IS possible to get better! If I’d known what I know thirty or forty years ago, I suspect my life would have been quite different... in good ways!

Boca00

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 12:00 pm
Wow! I wish I had your self control! You worked so hard at this. Thank you for sharing the great news!

Cheiny

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 12:03 pm
andrea levy wrote:
A year ago, I was referred, for what is apparently normal for me on an ECG. I followed up with a holster, an echo, a stress ( which I got 103% on) and a stress echo. In the end, what I was referred for was normal for me, but he noticed that my ejection fraction was a touch low, at 52. He wanted me to raise it to 55. I’d started exercising and had already lost over 90 pounds at that point, so he basically said, “keep doing what you’re doing and see me next year. You’ll see, it’ll be better.” I went for a test last week amd yesterday he was THRILLED that it’s now 63! Who’s is WAY better than expected! He was like “ you’re welcome to come see me if you have any problems, but I dont think I’m going to have to see you again!”

If you guys know my story, you know that 3.5 years ago, I was walking around thinking I was going to drop dead at any minute. This is really amazing!

B”H! So glad to hear! Congrats on your hard work and discipline in keeping it up all this time! You’re a true inspiration!

jflower

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 12:15 pm
Wonderful news, Andrea. Kol hakavod!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 2:03 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Thank you everyone got your brachot! I give them right back to you!

Amein! Thank you!
Thank you for being such a great role model. So many people think that they won't have made it until they get to their ultimate goal weight. You have taught:
You can "arrive" sooner than you think. There are all sorts of goals, and they should all be celebrated.
The goal is health.
Yeah, it takes work, but it's worth it.
You radiate beauty at any weight because you know you're always worth it.

csfm

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 12:19 am
Mazel tov! I'm so very happy for you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise