Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Financial/personal finance coach?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:18 pm
Can anyone reccomend a financial/personal finance coach? I am looking for someone frum, who understands the frum lifestyle. And no, I am not interetested in a free program on the internet--- for a bunch of reasons that are just way too long to go into right now! Very Happy B'kitzur-- according to our numbers, we should be okay, but for some reason we're not, and I need some help figuring out where we are going wrong.
I looked into Mesila but it seems that they won't work with you if only one spouse is on board-- my husband is on board to get help, but due to a number of reasons, won't be available to work with a coach. Anyone know if they are flexible on that?
can anyone recommend anyone else?

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:24 pm
It could be as simple as you're not accounting for the "miscellaneous" category

Meaning if you're only including rent/mortgage, food, tution, insurance, car, camps, clothes, and some other staples and not including the fact that in a frum growing family there ALWAYS seems to be other expenses, that might be it.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:26 pm
You don’t need a coach. All you need is a pen and paper or excel. Just use one credit card all month for a full month and write down all the expenses (Using your credit card statement for reference) as negative numbers (along with cash spent outside of the credit card). Put all incoming money (like you paychecks) As positive numbers and the net is your leftover money or how much in the red you are. Using one credit card makes it easier to track. You can even segregate expenses that are monthly or expenses that benefit multiple periods (like annual insurance premiums). Doing this for a few months let’s you see why you army breaking even. It also shows you where you spend so you can brainstorm ways to cut some of these costs.

I am an accountant and can help you if you want to set up an anonymous email. I love excel Smile

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:46 pm
There's a new company called Prospr, run by a frum financial coach. Their website is www.prospr.fit
I can't vouch for them as I've never used their services but they seem well qualified and offer one on one coaching.

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 7:57 pm
I know a frum financial planner and investment advisor in Brooklyn who I've recommended to a number of ima's and gotten great feedback. Feel free to PM me for his name and contact info.

ellacoe

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 10:14 pm
There is a woman who I refer a lot of my clients to. She is not frum, but understands the frum lifestyle. She is not a financial planner who is trying to sell products. She sits with clients and goes through their expenses etc. and helps them plan a budget etc. Feel free to PM me for details.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 9:52 am
Hi- if anyone has any information for me, can you please email me at masterbudget538@gmail.com-- including the accountant amother-- I'd really appreciate it!!!!

tia!!!

lemon1

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 2:27 pm
Who can help me figure out my day to day life and if I can buy a house ? Or how I can
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics