Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you leave dirty dishes overnight?
1  2  Next

How do You leave Your Kitchen Sink at night
I leave dirty dishes  
 71%  [ 131 ]
I leave dishes drying on the counter  
 17%  [ 32 ]
I dry my dishes and put them away before I go to bed  
 3%  [ 7 ]
I clean out my sink and dry it every night  
 7%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 183

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:52 am
Just curious!

Fave

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:53 am
Oh yes

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:59 am
Oh this poll is making me so happy right now!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:11 am
Im going to guess that the majority of people do this.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:14 am
I rinse the dishes before putting them in the sink. I leave them in the sink overnight. If I do wash dishes at night, I leave them on the counter to dry overnight.
I never dry dishes.

happy chick

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:25 am
I'm going to assume that whoever leaves dishes overnight in the sink, doesn't have a job outside of the home . If you do, when would you wash them the next day? At 6am?

ETA unless.you have cleaning help that comes every day.

Last edited by happy chick on Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Elfrida

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:33 am
happy chick wrote:
I'm going to assume that whoever leaves dishes overnight in the sink, doesn't have a job outside of the home . If you do, when would you wash them the next day? At 6am?

For some people washing dishes in the mornign is easier than finding the energy to deal with dishes after a full day of work and an eveniing of making supper and dealing with children.

Some will leave them for the cleaning lady to do the next day.

Others will wash them the next evening, while preparing supper.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:35 am
happy chick wrote:

Yes - I’m a morning person. I don’t function at night. Whatever I do at night takes me much longer than if I would do it in the morning before work.

At night, as soon as I put my kids to sleep and clear the tables and countertops, I’m off to bed. The dishes wait for me in the morning. I also cook dinner before I leave to work.

yaye

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:37 am
Theoretically, I would love to wash the dishes every night and leave a spotless kitchen.. but you know, LIFE!

amother
Lilac

happy chick wrote:

I either leave it for the cleaning lady or quickly do it in the morning.

silverlining3

My usual, I wash, dry, and put away dishes every night.

The other than usual times, I wash and let it dry on the counter. Other other times, it happens I leave dirty dishes in the sink.

jewishmom6

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:40 am
I would occasionally leave a plate and a few pieces of cutlery with soap and water if my husband ate supper after everyone else.

I wouldn't leave a sink of dirty dishes overnight unless I leave it soaking with soap and water.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:43 am
happy chick wrote:

I work outside the home and don't have cleaning help, and I leave dishes overnight.

I actually wash dishes in the afternoon while my kids eat supper around 5 pm, to be specific (I have little kids). It's the perfect time for me because I'm in the kitchen and they're settled and I can easily stop and start to give them more, etc.

So any dishes that are dirty after that (like from when me and DH eat supper) wait overnight until the next day.

challahchallah

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:54 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I work outside the home and don't have cleaning help, and I leave dishes overnight.

I actually wash dishes in the afternoon while my kids eat supper around 5 pm, to be specific (I have little kids). It's the perfect time for me because I'm in the kitchen and they're settled and I can easily stop and start to give them more, etc.

So any dishes that are dirty after that (like from when me and DH eat supper) wait overnight until the next day.

I do something similar. While I serve the early supper (and therefore my toddler is strapped into his high chair unable to cause mayhem), I wash the previous night’s dirty items that aren’t dishwasher safe and make adult dinner. At the end of the night, I load the plates and other dishwasher items in and run it, so those are clean by morning.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:58 am
I usually wash up and dry when I can.. usually that's before bed but when I'm going through a harder time (like now, sick & tired from pregnancy) I'll often leave the dishes to dry overnight.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:59 am
Usually, no. But if I am too tired on occasion I leave the mess for the morning.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:00 am
I try to do it nightly. I don't like it piling up and there will just be more the next day. It usually doesn't happen though lol

invisiblecircus

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:30 am
I haven't got a dishwasher. I usually try to wash up right after dinner, if not, I'll do it when all the kids are asleep. Occasionally I might leave a pan that needs soaking overnight full of water and wash it in the morning so it will be easier.

I never dry anything, I leave it all on the rack in the cupboard over the sink to dry overnight and put it away in the morning.

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:34 am
I try to wash dishes before I go to bed because there is nothing more annoying then going to make my kids breakfast and having to wash a pot or pan first or having to wash dishes once I get home from work to make dinner. It just adds more stress then washing the dishes to begin with. But if it doesnt happen it doesnt happen and I dont kill myself. I also use a lot of paper goods to make life easier.

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:39 am
happy chick wrote:

Why would you assume this? I have no cleaning help and I work outside the home. Usually a few nights a week I absolutely leave dishes in the sink for various reasons. I will do them the next day or something like that when I feel like it. Never at 6am. Most likely when my kids are done with their homework and my dinner is cooking I will do the dishes from the night before. Maybe I will leave them for another time when I have more energy or will to do it, or until my husband does them (we trade off, and I try not to micromanage when he does it, but its not easy).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry