Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
If you were to build the most practical house ever...
Previous  1  2

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 5:52 pm
A huge laundry room with enough space for 3 dirty hampers, 1 open ironing table, 1 table for folding and a shelf for baskets, detergents and all cleaning suplies!
And if we're dreaming anyway, 2 washers and 2 dryers!!

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 5:55 pm
A proper indoor/ outdoor space to wait for the bus without being exposed to the elements.

chocolate fondue

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 5:56 pm
Three washing machines and dryers. And lots of space to hang wet clothing to dry, with a heater underneath, so they will dry quickly. A big surface to fold clothes. Lots of hampers to sort different kinds of clothes.

In addition to the indoor playground, a big ring around the garden for bike riding and roller blading (with the kind of soft surface they have in playgrounds).

A guest house at the back of the garden with its own kitchenette, bathroom and shower and washing machine and drier for newlyweds, in laws visits etc. (I have a lot of girls - this is my dream addition to my dream house).

chocolate fondue

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 5:58 pm
A heating / cooling system that doesn't take up space on the wall (unlike radiators that always seem to be in the way of room arrangements)

mommy12

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:04 pm
Large bedrooms with lots of storage space

2 guest rooms

Large basement

Laundry room next to bedrooms

Lots of closets!!

Large, eat in kitchen with dairy, meat, and pareve sections, sinks, ovens, and dishwashers for each part,

Second fridge and freezer

Large living room, dining room, and den

Big backyard

Mudroom with lots of storage

silverlining3

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:09 pm
A big comfortable laundry room (NO, I DON'T HAVE ONE NOW, EVEN NOT A TINY ONE)

I would have to find a very practical flooring for the foyer. I absolutely hate those glossy white tiles.

Carpet flooring in the master room.

Would love a Jacuzzi.

Huge kitchen and dinning room-my most real dream.

Enough hanging AND shelving space.

Lotsa Windows.

These are the top off my head

These are simple stuff. Luxuries is a whole nother thing.

Teomima

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:19 pm
I'd be happy with a few things lots of people consider basics but that I've never had: a dishwasher, an en suite bathroom, a walk-in closet...
But if I could really go out there for one crazy big ticket item, I'd love a gigantic laundry room, one big enough that it could basically serve as a closet for all the kids. Clean laundry could get sorted and hung up right in the room. Kids can come in at night and choose their clothes for the next morning. We could eliminate clothing closets in the kids' bedrooms. That'd be the dream.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:23 pm
I actually used to have that closet, sorta! We were renting an apartment with an abnormally huge kitchen, with a washer and dryer. The layout made a kitchen table impractical, but there was lots of wall space, so I stored everyone's clothes in bins and on racks in the kitchen, and that's where you went to pick out your clothes. It was the only time in my life that laundry was regularly washed and put away!

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:16 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Mostly I would want a sign up with a company that does general household maintenance and upkeep once a month. From tightening furniture screws, to paint touch ups, to deep cleaning, to sewer maintenance

This concept seems to be very popular, is anyone looking for a business opportunity?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:20 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
This concept seems to be very popular, is anyone looking for a business opportunity?

It exists in Lkwd. Called superior home services

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:29 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
It exists in Lkwd. Called superior home services

Can I have the contact information please?

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:02 pm
Master bedroom with separate his and hers walk in closets, separate his and hers bathrooms and showers, fireplace, sitting area by fireplace, reading nook, eat in kitchen with fridge and coffee maker for wine, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc. Nice King size beds with separate hotel style hanging lights at every bedside.

Indoor and outdoor pools with Jacuzzi and sauna with separate mens and womens changing areas with lockers and showers.

Indoor movie theater and bowling alley and game room stocked with all kinds of games.

A bedroom attached to a private bathroom for every child in the family plus several more for guest.

Separate kitchen for dairy, meat, parve, and pesach, plus one for guests all complete with tables and chairs (and maybe even couches) and everything needed in the kitchen (yes, that is five separate kitchens).

Self cleaning bathrooms and kitchens.

A living room for the kids and a formal one to entertain guests. Same with dining rooms with at least one dining room should look like a ballroom and be big enough to hold parties for at least 1000 people.

A hideaway woman-cave decorated how I see fit and only I have the key.

Full indoor and outdoor playgrounds with swings and slides and monkey bars and whatnot.

A separate fireplace room indoors as well as a fireplace/bbq area outdoors with seating area.

Separate his and hers offices.

Separate homework room where the kids can just keep all their school work. I guess it can be a library of some sort with nice reading nooks, computers, and quiet soundproof space for them to do homework and whatnot.

Separate laundry rooms for white laundry and colored laundry with space for ironing board and shelves and whatnot. Plus a way to send the dirty laundry directly to the laundry room from every room in the house. And for the laundry to somehow put themselves into the washer then the dryer then fold themselves and put themselves away when its done. I guess I would need a robot for that? You did say cost was no problem but I dont think you had any of these in mind LOL

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:37 pm
Bh I really cant complain. I have plenty of room and a nice house. If I was able to have anything...
1. A HUGE playroom not in thr front of my house with tons of closets for toys.
2. A third oven. I have two. I would love a pareve one.....and maybe a dishwasher. (I have two)
3. Another master closet and bathroom
4. Flooring in all bedrooms. NO CARPET
5. A pool

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:54 pm
kids bathroom with multiple bathtubs. so that I can bathe the others while the ones that like to sit and play can do so meanhwhile

tigerwife

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 9:09 pm
Secret passageways to a cozy reading den for my kids to discover in their tweens and develop a sense of curiosity and adventure.

As much self-cleaning features as possible. Self washing floors, auto vacuum carpets, all windows would have those little shpritzers that cars have...

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 9:57 pm
A walk in fridge and freezer. A huge laundry room. A huge mud room/storage room for packages at the front of the house. A huge storage "Costco" room. And maybe a live in personal organizer to keep everything nice and neat.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics