Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Would you like to have a dislike button?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Would you likely like a dislike option?
I like a dislike option  
 52%  [ 89 ]
I dislike a dislike option  
 37%  [ 64 ]
Like what the ??? Who cares?  
 9%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 169

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 5:47 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
How about a dislike button, but it costs money to use?

LOL
Or you can only use if you attach a real photo of yourself.
And address.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 5:47 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Not that I have the tools to create a button like that, but would you like that? Would solve the passive aggressive hug issue.
This way we have Like, Hug, or Dislike (and kindly explain why).

A more pc button would be “I disagree” button.

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 5:48 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
A more pc button would be “I disagree” button.

We got 2 brilliant pc posters here so far. Guess you only read the op. I really like the idea. Who can suggest it to Yael?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 5:51 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Popcorn

One thing that would be really cool and is unfortunately probably impossible would be to have custom emoji buttons.

Frumme

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:00 pm
No dislike button, please.

Anonymity and mob mentality... a recipe for disaster, hurt feelings, and general nastiness. It just wouldn't be befitting of a website for Frum women.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:03 pm
I think a dislike button would be unnecessarily hurtful.

I think if you can see the names of the huggers, there would be more accountability.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:05 pm
YES! And then hugs can be real again! Reclaim the hugs!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:06 pm
This is probably impossible, but what if individuals could opt out of having buttons on their posts?

number

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:07 pm
QueensMama wrote:
No dislike, but disagree. Agree and disagree.
Yes!! Please please please.

“Disagree” is so much kinder than the passive aggressive “bless your heart” those hugs indicate.

Thank you extra credit for this poll. You absolutely get extra credit.
I actually tried making one myself but I had never done one before and I left an option out. So I deleted it. But I think I have the hang of the poll making now.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:08 pm
Disagree button is better than dislike.

Supermom#1

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:08 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Not that I have the tools to create a button like that, but would you like that? Would solve the passive aggressive hug issue.
This way we have Like, Hug, or Dislike (and kindly explain why).

a dislike button sounds good. if "dislike" sounds too strong for the sensitive, it can be named "disagree" and maybe "strongly disagree"

tigerwife

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 6:11 pm
I think a disagree button would be hurtful, too, especially if many disagree. At least a hug can be defined as “I absolutely adore this post! Like is not enough!”

Take that, passive aggressive huggers Smile

silverlining3

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:47 pm
As much as I hate the hug button, I'm no fan of any suggested options. Maybe the option of making visible who likes and hugs can pass for me.
Though disagree is definitely better than dislike.

Eta-it'll end up being used for the same purpose hug buttons are now.

Last edited by silverlining3 on Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Simple1

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:03 pm
QueensMama wrote:
No dislike, but disagree. Agree and disagree.

Than you'll end up at square one where it'll be used as a dislike button. If that makes sense.

realsilver

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 9:10 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Would you feel the same about a disagree button?

I can’t decide

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 11:00 pm
I think like, agree and disagree only on the political forum.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 11:03 pm
I don't feel this site should actively promote a situation where we are making people feel bad. This isn't Facebook or Instagram. This is a site for frum Jewish women. Even when posting annonymously, we need to be aware of halachas about bein adam l'chaveiro, and halvanat panim. Anyone who disagrees with a post is at liberty to post and say so, explaining their reasons. This is a bit more articulate, and when posting most people think about what they are saying, and the statements can be understood or argued. An invitation to make people feel bad at the click of a button would not help or improve anything.

There are posters who abuse the hugs button, but unfortunately any button that is used to replace it will also end up being abused. Some people are like that, but that doesn't mean that the whole website needs to succumb to their mentaility.

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 11:10 pm
Elfrida wrote:
I don't feel this site should actively promote a situation where we are making people feel bad. This isn't Facebook or Instagram. This is a site for frum Jewish women. Even when posting annonymously, we need to be aware of halachas about bein adam l'chaveiro, and halvanat panim. Anyone who disagrees with a post is at liberty to post and say so, explaining their reasons. This is a bit more articulate, and when posting most people think about what they are saying, and the statements can be understood or argued. An invitation to make people feel bad at the click of a button would not help or improve anything.

There are posters who abuse the hugs button, but unfortunately any button that is used to replace it will also end up being abused. Some people are like that, but that doesn't mean that the whole website needs to succumb to their mentaility.

Come to think of it, when we disagree or dislike a post we are all very vocal around here. We don’t keep back from posting our opposing opinions. So the dislike button is unnecessary!
LIKEs and genuine HUGs on the other hand, are sometimes easier to express just by pressing those buttons and no comments are always necessary.
Turns out Yael knows what she’s doing! Laugh
So for the benefit of all involved the PA hugs just gotta go! Can't Believe It Hi

watergirl

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 5:33 am
Can we please let Yael run her site the way she wants? If you have a suggestion, why not just pm her? No disrespect to Extra Credit, but you have been here for a very short time. Yael has been at this for a very, very long time.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 5:42 am
Personally, I would have no problem with an anonymous dislike button - but I respect the feelings of those who would feel hurt by it. I figure "meh, it's the internet", but I understand that not everyone can brush things off so easily.

Since the dislike button can be so problematic, I think we should just stick to making our dislike known in comments. State your disagreement in a RESPECTFUL AND LOGICAL way, without name calling or hysteria - just as the board is intended to be used already.

If someone is not being appropriate in the way they disagree, REPORT THEM with the "!" button and explain to the mods why you feel that the post is not in accordance with the rules.

tldr: USE YOUR WORDS

Last edited by FranticFrummie on Tue, Nov 17 2020, 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics