Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp kol Torah cleveland

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 4:07 am
What is it like? Daily schedule (coming out of 8th grade) ? What kind of boys, from where? Are they on a camp ground, or living in dorms? Is it well run? Any other info?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 5:52 am
Telshe yeshiva campus and in their dorms
My son had a blast, went for 2 years. Basically, daven and learn for a while, then lots of sports and some other activities.
They don't really go on many trips, just a few, but the boys love it there.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 6:17 am
Thanks for the reply. What ages is it for? My son is in 8th, will he be the youngest age? How much learning compared to a more "campy" camp? Is it less structured than other camps?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 6:53 am
And does anyone have the contact information? Is there an online application? When does application/registration begin?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 5:42 pm
Either going into 6th or 7th is the first year.
My son went going into 8th and 9th.

You can email them to be on their list. Applications are usually in shevat. No online registration. office@campkoltorah.com

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 11:12 am
I’m in Cleveland and most boys in our neighborhood go to either Kol Torah or Agudah Midwest Boys. Kol Torah is supposedly pricier but I don’t know for sure, maybe they give discounts because the people that send there don’t really have extra money lying around (just like most of us in Cleveland). People are happy at both. My boys won’t consider Kol Torah because they think Agudah Midwest Boys has way more cool activities and better sports, they think Kol Torah is for the less leibedik and more yeshivish boys. Could be that’s true but could be it’s not, I don’t really know.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:44 pm
Does anyone know what the kol torah grounds are like? Do they have fields on campus, a pool? What other amenities do they have?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 6:31 am
[quote=People are happy at both. My boys won’t consider Kol Torah because they think Agudah Midwest Boys has way more cool activities and better sports, they think Kol Torah is for the less leibedik and more yeshivish boys. Could be that’s true but could be it’s not, I don’t really know.[/quote]

Do the same "types" of families send to both?

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 7:45 am
Kol Torah is at Telshe. Very simple Torahdik atmosphere, no shtick, no fancy amenities lol. The boys that go have a good time though.

Some families would send to either camp, some wouldn’t. There’s definitely overlap but Kol Torah is straight yeshivish while Agudah Midwest Boys has a range from yeshivish to chilled yeshivish to a few jpf.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:23 am
We live in Lakewood and my son has been going there for 3 years and he loves it! They are in the telze dorm 4-5 boys in a room. I found the boys to be really great wholesome kids, I think somewhat more yeshivish, and they give the kids a great time without tons of fanfare. No major trips, not the same over the top activities that some of the campier camps are doing these days, but a really great atmosphere, fantastic boys and staff and a lot of real wholesome fun. I believe going into 7th grade may be the youngest grade.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children