Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I can't smell. Is this Corona or a cold
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:48 pm
Metukah wrote:
It's actually not so terrible here. If you would've booked a few hours ago you might've got a test today and possibly results by tomorrow.

Hatzolo could do a rapid test, it costs £££ and may not be perfectly accurate.

I may be wrong, but I haven't heard of covid causing loss of smell and not taste. What's your sense of taste like today?

yes I have!

my sil has it now and can taste and not smell.

Metukah

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:49 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Oy. If you're in the UK and are going to a wedding, 1 it's a very close family member. 2 It's also likely outside.

Halevai and halevai

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:52 pm
I lost my sense of smell and taste twice in the last 7 months. And was sick with fever and cough. Both times I tested negat8ve per corona and positive for enterovirus....
So no, not everything is straight up corona.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Nov 15 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Slightly lost my sense of smell and got a close family members wedding tomorrow. How do I know if I need to get tested

Refuah shleima, one way or another.

Do you have other cold symptoms, like a stuffy or runny nose? See, eg, https://atriumhealth.org/-/med.....t.pdf

If your only symptom is a loss of smell, I'd test, and assume covid until you hear otherwise.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 2:48 am
For those who are saying that someone had Covid and could smell or taste, please remember that you don't automatically lose those. So a Covid patient could retain one or both of those senses whilst still testing positive!

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:29 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Absolutely could be covid. Thats a hallmark characteristic!
You dont lose your sense of smell with a cold.
If youre able to breathe at all through your nose, you should be able to smell besamim, flavored coffee, scented deodorant etc. Even with a cold.
If you cant, thats a big sign.

Of course you can lose s ell with a cold
When my neighbor asked dr this question he just said the loss of smell from corona is diff. Then cold. With a cold you can still smell garlic pwdr, fresh coffee. With corona loss ost of the time not (many lose smell but not taste although taste can happen later or just be weird)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:08 am
Just wanted to update you all... Took first test available, hoping to get results back before the wedding started, but no such luck. Ultimately decided to stay home.. we're so so sad to have missed it all (youngest brother/in law) but still happy we didn't go, cuz this morning came back positive! Thanks for all ur messages. Definitely helped me decide

imasinger

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:12 am
Refuah sheleima, kudos for doing the right thing.

little neshamala

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just wanted to update you all... Took first test available, hoping to get results back before the wedding started, but no such luck. Ultimately decided to stay home.. we're so so sad to have missed it all (youngest brother/in law) but still happy we didn't go, cuz this morning came back positive! Thanks for all ur messages. Definitely helped me decide

Thank you so much for being responsible in curbing the spread.
You never know...you really may have prevented a death.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:04 am
Refuah Shelaima! And hats off to you!

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:59 am
Refuah shlaima! If only everyone over here was as responsible as you, the UK would be a better place!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics