Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Co-sleeper crib level with bed

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:10 am
I'm not due for another few months buy trying to research cribs now to see if I can get a black Friday deal....

I am looking for something very specific. I want bassinet/crib that can have one side removed, so that the baby's mattress will be exactly level with mine, but not where the crib will actually be on my bed, because bed is not so big. (Preferably with some kind of belt to attach to the bed so no concern of crib moving away.)

I see tons of them on Amazon, but all of them have a small bump that the baby will need to be lifted over. I really want something where I can just pull baby towards me in the middle of the night for nursing, which will allow me to remain half asleep.

For some reason, I found that my my last child, lifting baby in and out of crib was what really woke me up fully.

Please don't tell me I sound crazy. Sad I've heard it from too many people. This is what I think will work for me. TIA for all recommendations.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:15 am
I don't think you will find such a contraption due to the safety risk.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:25 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I don't think you will find such a contraption due to the safety risk.

What would be the safety risk? If crib was attached securely to the belt so that it cannot slide away?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:47 am
Like this? https://www.wayfair.com/baby-k......html

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:37 am
I don’t think you’re crazy at all - why are people saying that? I was looking for the same, but the best I found was one where the side opens so that the opening is level with my bed, but the mattress is lower down.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 11:01 am
I love the Chicco next 2 me. Used it for several kids and it changed my cosleeping and nursing nights sessions. It has a little bump between the bed though, to prevent the baby to roll into your bed.

But the baby’s mattress is exactly at the same level than yours and it’s fixed with a strap around your own bed. Very secured and very comfy for both baby and mammy.

ETA that I’m in Europe so I don’t know if it’s available in USA. I recommend it to all my fiends and they all love it.
Oh and it’s very affordable like 160€. Best investment ever I did for my babies and my sanity.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 11:02 am
The Halo bassinet can be partially lowered on the bedside.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics