Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you leave dirty dishes overnight?
Previous  1  2

How do You leave Your Kitchen Sink at night
I leave dirty dishes  
 71%  [ 131 ]
I leave dishes drying on the counter  
 17%  [ 32 ]
I dry my dishes and put them away before I go to bed  
 3%  [ 7 ]
I clean out my sink and dry it every night  
 7%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 183

jerusalem90

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 1:17 pm
I wash all the dishes unless there is one pot/pan with something sticky that would be easier to clean if left to soak overnight.

I never dry dishes, it seems like such a waste of time when they'll eventually dry off by themselves! In fact, if I'm alone in the house, I don't dry the floor after mopping. I only do that if my kids are around because I don't want them to fall on a wet floor.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 1:39 pm
My goal is for my counters and sinks so be empty every night so I don’t wake up to yesterday’s mess. It happens about half the time or maybe 2/3 of the time, a work in progress...

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 1:42 pm
I never dry dishes. I leave them drying on the drying rack and put them away in the morning. But I never go to sleep without washing all the dishes, cleaning out the sink and drain and wiping down the faucet.

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 1:43 pm
jerusalem90 wrote:
I wash all the dishes unless there is one pot/pan with something sticky that would be easier to clean if left to soak overnight.

I never dry dishes, it seems like such a waste of time when they'll eventually dry off by themselves! In fact, if I'm alone in the house, I don't dry the floor after mopping. I only do that if my kids are around because I don't want them to fall on a wet floor.

Off topic, but I find that drying the floor after mopping is what actually gets the dirt up. Otherwise some of the dirt just dries and goes back onto the floor.

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 3:28 pm
Never. That would be like sending mice and roaches a personal invitation to dine Chez Zaqarias.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 3:43 pm
My husband does them! He actually likes doing them .

moonstone

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 3:47 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
Off topic, but I find that drying the floor after mopping is what actually gets the dirt up. Otherwise some of the dirt just dries and goes back onto the floor.

Further off topic, but we bought a Bissell Crosswave and it has literally been a life changer. It washes the floor and sucks up the dirty water. It's oddly satisfying to see the chamber full of dirty water, dog hair, and other filth. And the floor dries very quickly since most of the water gets sucked back into the machine.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 4:05 pm
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't do dishes every day. I use mostly papergoods, so I don't have tons of dishes. I rinse everything that goes into the sink. Pots that get used daily get washed more often. The cleaning lady comes once a week and washes all the dishes. It usually doesn't smell. Occasionally I wash the dishes myself when I really wanna have a spotless kitchen. I try to schedule my big cooking/baking days that I know I'll have tons of dishes to the day before the cleaning lady. If I have a ton of dishes and I feel it can't wait for cleaning lady, I'll just wash it myself.
Am I really the only one? Hiding Hiding Like if you do similar so I can feel better about myself TMI TMI

etky

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 2:57 am
zaq wrote:
Never. That would be like sending mice and roaches a personal invitation to dine Chez Zaqarias.

Same.
We had roaches about 10 years ago and our neighborhood experiences periodic mice infestations (and we are ground floor...)
My kitchen was never a dirty or messy one but I did sometimes use to leave dishes in the sink overnight.
Ever since that traumatizing roach event 10 years ago, I have never left anything in the sink overnight and make sure all surfaces are clean and dry before I go to sleep.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 3:54 am
I am sooo thankful to have a dishwasher. I load it at night and run it when full.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:31 am
Sure I leave dishes in the sink overnight.
And no I dont wash them 6am the next morning LOL.
They get done when I get around to it/have patience or when the cleaning lady comes, whichever happens first. (usually the cleaning lady)

professor

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 11:53 am
WHO ARE THOSE 13 PEOPLE WHO DO THE FOURTH OPTION???????

silverlining3

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 11:59 am
I voted the 3rd cuz I don't dry the sink. But I definitely clean it out and usually wash, dry and put away dishes before going to bed.

etky

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 12:00 pm
professor wrote:
WHO ARE THOSE 13 PEOPLE WHO DO THE FOURTH OPTION???????

Lol, my sister Wink and then she pronounces the kitchen 'closed' for the evening.
But she's not on imamother....

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 12:07 pm
How should I vote if I sometimes do?
More often I don't. It just makes the dishes harder to clean the next day.
But if we're all wiped out, yes they sit and wait. Probably once or twice a week this happens.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry