Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Sleep away camp

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 8:52 pm
What age do girls start going to sleep away camp here and which camps? She's in one of the mainstream, not chassidish schools if that makes a difference. I know we can ask her friends where and when they are going but curious about in general.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 10:20 pm
Following

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 10:32 pm
Going into 9th is typical. Some go going into 8th. Earlier isn’t so common. (My daughter is going in 7th and almost no one is going - but it could depend on school) Ppl don’t send so fast bec there really a lot of nice camps in Lakewood.
Going into 9th is the last year to join a camp and be part of it (if that makes sense) so most girls if they go that is the latest.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 10:34 pm
going into 8th and going into 9th are the 2 most popular ages to start

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:55 am
I sent my older girls going into 8th. By that time, their friends were going. But interestingly, my little one is in 7th and I haven't heard a peep about camp yet, so I'm putting it off another year for sure.

I think that the existence of all these teen camps is a reason for this. DD loved the teen camp she went to last year, and will probably go again.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 2:34 pm
My sister went from 7th grade-she was super early. She went to Bais Yaakov-very typical. Other camps are Maarava, Tehilla, Bnos, BRC...

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 3:38 pm
My 7th grade daughter in BF has been telling me for weeks that most girls in her class are going to sleep away camp this coming summer.
Seems that the 2 most popular choices are Bais Yaakov and BRC.

Personally I would want her to wait another year but it doesn’t look like she’ll agree to that.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 3:42 pm
What's BRC?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 3:57 pm
Brc is Bnos ruach Chaim. It’s less than other camps about 1,400 and mostly Lakewood girls. Perelstein from shiras Chaim and moreshes runs it

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:17 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
My 7th grade daughter in BF has been telling me for weeks that most girls in her class are going to sleep away camp this coming summer.
Seems that the 2 most popular choices are Bais Yaakov and BRC.

Personally I would want her to wait another year but it doesn’t look like she’ll agree to that.

Guess it varies by class...my DD hasn't even mentioned the subject. Though eventually when she goes, she'll probably go to CBY like her big sisters did....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries