Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Kdg interview Qs for litvish boys schools in monsey

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 12:36 am
Taking DS for kindergarten interviews in Monsey soon. What should I expect? What kind of questions do they ask the parents and the child?
Applying to a few litvish schools, ysv, cheder etc...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 4:20 pm
anyone?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 4:48 pm
Don’t know about ysv since we didn’t apply there.

The Cheder doesn’t ask much of the child (let’s child color... asks very basic qs) they focus more on the parents and seeing if its a fit hashkafically for the school.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 4:56 pm
Schools do a combo of asking kids basic questions (shapes, vocabulary) and telling you their Hashkafah. Some focus on one more than the other.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 5:08 pm
Agree with amother above.

In some schools they interview everyone who applies, so then it’s more a combo. In other litvish schools, they do their Hw before so if you even get an interview they’ve checked the haskafah already. Then it’s more focused on the child.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 6:10 pm
YSV - Rabbi Frankel shmooze my son up. Asking about whatever parsha or y”t h learned about. I don’t think it was to find out what he knew, but rather to hear the kid talk a little. Didn’t discuss much with us, as I am from a my son is third generation ysv student.

The cheder. Didn’t really engage my son much. Gave him a candy and asked if he knew the Brocha and then then gave him something to color and some crayons, while he shmooze us, or rather my husband. Chit chat, what he does, some Jewish geography etc. the principal basically ignored me.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:35 pm
ty! appreciate the responses

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:39 pm
Also it’s an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have. For you to ‘interview’ the school.

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 10:39 pm
Bumping this up since nervous now with my first...

polka dots

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 11:44 pm
Not answering your question, just wishing you hatzlacha. I'm sure it'll go fine, they won't bite.
And remember, Hashem will guide you to the place that's best for your child, you don't always know before. Daven that you should get into the right place easily and quickly.

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 12:02 am
polka dots wrote:
Not answering your question, just wishing you hatzlacha. I'm sure it'll go fine, they won't bite.
And remember, Hashem will guide you to the place that's best for your child, you don't always know before. Daven that you should get into the right place easily and quickly.

Aw really sweet. Thank you!
You don't even realize how meaningful your words are now... And how much they are appreciated.

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 11:23 am
Bump.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics