Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Is the state going to mandate student to take COVID vaccine?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 5:50 pm
I’m so nervous that kids won’t be allowed in school if not?!

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 5:52 pm
Who knows... I don't think they'll be able to get away with doing that at least within the first six months to a year of COVID. Cuomo (or DeBlasio) will be sued out of his pants. You can't force people to take a vaccine of which you don't know the long-term effects.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 6:44 pm
"The vaccine should be given to politicians first. If they survive, the vaccine is safe. If they don't, then the country is safe."

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 6:47 pm
Over my dead body

srbmom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 6:49 pm
How in the world can that even be legal if they have not tested the vaccine on children. I think one company just expanded their trial to include ages 12 and older, but otherwise all the other trials were 16 and older.
So definitely noone under age 12 at least should be getting this vaccine for now...

Blessing1

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 6:51 pm
srbmom wrote:
How in the world can that even be legal if they have not tested the vaccine on children. I think one company just expanded their trial to include ages 12 and older, but otherwise all the other trials were 16 and older.
So definitely noone under age 12 at least should be getting this vaccine for now...

Which sane parent volunteered their child for this? Omg!

Just One

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 6:55 pm
No question that they will. This is why it's so critical to protect freedom and personal choice. While most informed parents willingly vaccinate their kids against serious childhood illnesses we should never have allowed it to be mandated. Once there's a precedent for these things they're so much harder to undo

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 6:58 pm
Just One wrote:
No question that they will. This is why it's so critical to protect freedom and personal choice. While most informed parents willingly vaccinate their kids against serious childhood illnesses we should never have allowed it to be mandated. Once there's a precedent for these things they're so much harder to undo

I am pro-vaccines and think it is okay to put pressure on parents to vaccinate. However, I don't think a new vaccine should be mandated on children, especially since the virus doesn't seem to affect them much.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:02 pm
You can be assured he is going to try enforcing it. I quote " NY is going to lead the way, vows to mobilize the military to assist with vaccination".

In preparation for that, the new york state bar passed a resolution on November 7 that recommends NY to make covid 19 vaccination mandatory if enough people don't take the shot voluntarily, This resolution put in place, paves the way for NYS to be able to make this vaccine mandatory.

Resolution also states there will be NO philosophical, religious or personal reasons covid19 vaccination exemptions.

srbmom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:03 pm
They ban Hydroxychloroquine which has been used safely for decades but have no problem allowing children to receive a vaccine with no trials.
Irony some Twisted Evil

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:03 pm
The covid vaccine will most likely be mandatory in NY. The NYS Bar Association already passed a resolution to make it mandatory. Those screaming that they wont give it will not be able to do basic things like going to restaurants or even grocery stores without it so it wont just affect your kids, it will affect adults as well.

https://nysba.org/app/uploads/.....1.pdf

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:05 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
The covid vaccine will most likely be mandatory in NY. The NYS Bar Association already passed a resolution to make it mandatory. Those screaming that they wont give it will not be able to do basic things like going to restaurants or even grocery stores without it so it wont just affect your kids, it will affect adults as well.

How on earth will they enforce that???

ETA: Well, we see that civil disobedience is legal. So that shouldn't be too much of a problem anyhow.

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:06 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

If the Local groceries enforce it like they enforce masks we good

Just One

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:08 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I am pro-vaccines and think it is okay to put pressure on parents to vaccinate. However, I don't think a new vaccine should be mandated on children, especially since the virus doesn't seem to affect them much.

I'm pro vax too. I'm anti forcing healthy, loving parents to do something they believe is harmful to their child. Even if I personally disagree

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:24 pm
Zehava wrote:

Cuomo is hoping for a bailout from Biden (even though cuomo is now getting a 25k raise while small businesses and us little people are suffering) so the billions of dollars will presumably go to enforce a mandatory covid vaccine. Buckle up for a long hard fight if you dont want to give it to your kids or even take it yourself. Maybe its best to move to another state but not sure if that will help. Time will tell. And no, I am not anti-vax but the covid vaccine is too new for us to be used as guinea pigs and if we lose our rights for this then there is no telling where that will lead with the power hungry, corrupt politicians like cuomo.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:27 pm
Zehava wrote:

LOL not mine, its 100% masks, but you said it funny.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:47 pm
Gotta love the responses here.

You willingly gave up religious exemptions for ALL vaccines not that long ago. How exactly will you opt out of this one?

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:49 pm
I read through the link and I don't see anything about not being able to use restaurants or supermarkets without taking the vaccine.

Thr population that will have an issue is basically everyone until mid20's since if it becomes mandatory, all children and young adults will need it to attend school. And make no mistakes, they'll make sure to inspect schools.

Other people who will probably get forced are people in nursing homes, rehab centers or inpatients in hospitals. You can be sure they will pressure/force all women delivering babies to be vaccinated.

Of course, dialysis patients and cancer patients will be pressured. And people waiting for transplants will have no choice ifvthey want to be considered compliant - a requirement for transplants eligibility.

Also, businesses may require employees to vaccinate. Especially if govt gives the company some incentive to require it.

So, its not so simple to just say you will say no. You may have to homeschooling, homebirth, work from home...

Let's hope it doesn't get to that point

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:52 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Cuomo is hoping for a bailout from Biden (even though cuomo is now getting a 25k raise while small businesses and us little people are suffering) so the billions of dollars will presumably go to enforce a mandatory covid vaccine. Buckle up for a long hard fight if you dont want to give it to your kids or even take it yourself. Maybe its best to move to another state but not sure if that will help. Time will tell. And no, I am not anti-vax but the covid vaccine is too new for us to be used as guinea pigs and if we lose our rights for this then there is no telling where that will lead with the power hungry, corrupt politicians like cuomo.

I’m hoping to have enough allies in this fight. We’re stronger together.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:09 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I read through the link and I don't see anything about not being able to use restaurants or supermarkets without taking the vaccine.

That was from another article:

Hermes Fernandez Is with the New York State Bar Association’s House of Delegates, who just recommended that the state consider mandating all New Yorkers to take the COVID vaccine when it’s ready.

“A mandate might be something that says ok if you don’t get the vaccine, you cannot go to bars and restaurants. You can’t go to places of public accommodation that draws large crowds. There’s a lot of different things that could occur,” Fernandez said.

So yes, if the vaccine becomes mandatory then they will stop you from going to bars and restaurants.

Zehava wrote:
I’m hoping to have enough allies in this fight. We’re stronger together.

“I would expect the legislation to withstand constitutional challenges. There’s been challenges to many vaccines including measles,” Fernandez said.

So if this becomes mandatory then there may not be a way to fight it even if we do stick together.

https://cbs6albany.com/news/co.....ndate
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries