Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How would you deal with this

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:44 pm
Background is first grader in a new school. She was bullied in her last school and went from being very confident and mature to just being broken and miserable. She had no friends because of the bullying. In addition it's a hard adjustment because of not having normal school last year due to corona. Now we live in a place that has been in school since september this year. Teacher said even though this school is further ahead academically she's doing great because she's really smart so she caught up on her own. But she's messy and a little immature and she's a little concerned about those things. I already see a huge difference in her since the move and knowing where how she used to be I think she just needs to see that her environment is safe for a little longer to finish healing. What would you do with this feedback? Would you run to get your kid intervention? Would you just let her continue adjusting? It's only been 2 months and she has made tremendous progress in maturity.

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:46 pm
I’d fill the teacher in on some background so we’re on the same page about this

mamma llama

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 9:49 pm
Zehava wrote:
I’d fill the teacher in on some background so we’re on the same page about this

Definitely speak with the teacher, but I think that if she's been making progress, then there's no reason to rush for intervention at this point.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics