Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
CHEAP tznius nightgowns for girls? (secondhand fine too)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:01 pm
My girls totally do not have enough nightgowns. A few months ago I bought from a Jewish store but they were all so SHORT so now the older girls still have nothing!

I really cannot afford to spend $30 each one, we wash PJs every night (diff thread lol) and I need to have 4-5 for each girl.

I'd rather buy from a Jewish store but where can I find LONG (like not RIGHT at knee) nightgowns for girls in the (ideally) $10-$15 price point? I'd buy secondhand but I live OOT and there aren't any here.

I see there are a bunch on Amazon but I'd rather give the $$ to Jews and also the necklines don't look good.

I need for tall 10 yr old, 6 yr old and 4 yr old.

srbmom

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:08 pm
I'm happy with the ones from kidichic. Usually go on sale for $10 mid-season. Size up one or two sizes and they're plenty long

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:08 pm
I bought a $14 thin cotton dress at serendipity in Lakewood, and we use it as a nightgown for my daughter.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:15 pm
Ooc Why a new nightgown every night?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:19 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

Probably from wetting the bed. Just a guess.

I never understood why girls can't have pajamas. When girls sleep, their nightgowns ride up and bunch up around their waist, and the the mosquitoes can get their little bare legs!

Long sleeves and leggings seem much more modest and practical for both boys and girls.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:23 pm
I haven’t been able to buy tznius nightgowns online. Either the neck is too wide or the length is too short.
I buy my girls 2 nightgowns each at a dry goods basement store in Lakewood. I don’t remember the price but they’re about $20 or less. Maybe $14? The nightgowns are cotton and shrink so I always size up. They are good for around 2 years and then get passed down to the next girl.
Recently someone told me that Allie express sells maxi dresses for $10 that can be used as nightgowns but I haven’t checked it out.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:23 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I never understood why girls can't have pajamas. When girls sleep, their nightgowns ride up and bunch up around their waist, and the the mosquitoes can get their little bare legs!

Long sleeves and leggings seem much more modest and practical for both boys and girls.

My girls are in pj's or knee length nightshirts with leggings. I wear nightgowns because I'm uncomfortable sleeping in leggings, the rubber is too tight.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:27 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

It’s for when they are walking around the house. Under the covers, no one sees. My girls have tznius night gowns that they are comfortable coming downstairs with in front of brothers and neighbors who might pop in. When they know they will just hang out in their room they might put on leggings and a tee shirt to sleep.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:55 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

They consider them "dirty" if they were worn. I don't think that's a terrible thing, so I go along with it.

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:56 pm
Another vote for kidichic $10 on sale. Some of their products shrink especially since you say you wash often so definitely size up.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They consider them "dirty" if they were worn. I don't think that's a terrible thing, so I go along with it.

My rule is- we wear pj’s 2x before we put in laundry.. but whatever works for you!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 11:00 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
My rule is- we wear pj’s 2x before we put in laundry.. but whatever works for you!

It's not my rule, my kids made that up lol. I wear my pjs more than 2x before washing!

zigi

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 11:09 pm
carters fleece ones they are midcalf. kidichic on sale.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 11:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Do they have other things that bother them as "dirty" that most people wouldn't be bothered by?
If they do, then I might reconsider. Could it be a touch of OCD?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 11:25 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Do they have other things that bother them as "dirty" that most people wouldn't be bothered by?
If they do, then I might reconsider. Could it be a touch of OCD?

Nope. They just consider it like clothing, that once it is worn it is no longer fully clean.

I could fight it, but like I said, I don't think it's such a terrible thing. I'll reserve my parental vetoes for bigger issues!

zigi

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 11:26 pm
tottini has maxi dresses for 17.50

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 11:31 pm
Thank you for all the suggestions! Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 11:32 am
Shirt stop has ones that go on sale for like $10.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 1:34 pm
You can also try Shein.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics