Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Need Plus-Size wedding guest flattering for short gal ONLINE

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 11:42 am
Title says it all...

I'm going to a wedding in 2 weeks IYH - outdoors in LA :-) Weather is 50's at night but needs to be dressy enough for fancy wedding.

However:
1) I'm 5'
2) PP 7 months but was fat before - probably size 18W
3) I need to buy something online that will flatter most short, fat people (I.e. no belt), as I won't have time to return it before I leave to the wedding.

I would like to spend 200$ or less but can go up a tiny bit if necessary.

Challenge issued! TIA

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 11:59 am
I'm also 5' (actually a bit over 4'11", but I'm entitled to round up considering that everything else about me is round..). I have had a lot of success at Macy's. What do you think of this? The capelet is great for hiding excess fat and it comes in 3 colors. Black would be easiest to match a shell, but I love the fig and navy:

https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....w_wcB

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 7:32 pm
Omg I love it! Thank you so much. I might get two colors because it's amazing!

But I'll take more suggestions if anyone has!

exhausted

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:07 pm
I own this dress in 2 colors and it fits me perfectly but I'm 5'7". Maybe check the petite section. Btw, you do need a shell for the sleeves and the little opening in the front. I found a perfectly matched shell in eggplant at the shell station last year.

bernadette

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:28 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I'm also 5' (actually a bit over 4'11", but I'm entitled to round up considering that everything else about me is round..). I have had a lot of success at Macy's. What do you think of this? The capelet is great for hiding excess fat and it comes in 3 colors. Black would be easiest to match a shell, but I love the fig and navy:

https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....w_wcB

Is this considered a wedding guest dress???
It’s very dressy.

Teomima

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:30 pm
I also suggest Macy's. I've got a dress some there somewhat similar to the above-mentioned link, plus several others I've bought for weddings/Sheva brachot. There are great options, though yes you need a shell for many of them.
ETA: I bought these dresses from Macy's online. Returns weren't a problem, either.

Last edited by Teomima on Wed, Nov 18 2020, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

DREAMING

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 8:43 pm
Macy’s, Talbots

Check out company Chicwe - Amazon or they have a website

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 12:10 am
Bought today at S&W a black straight dress with rhinestone look trimmings sz 18 at 50% off. Paid $175. Flattering & elegant.

I tried tons of trendy wedding dresses/outfits at Flaum's & all made me look like 3 houses.

The dress I bought is a winner.

I usually shop at Macy's but ain't going there in these crazy times we're living in.

Was happy to find something affordable, locally.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 7:53 am
exhausted wrote:
I own this dress in 2 colors and it fits me perfectly but I'm 5'7". Maybe check the petite section.

I wish petite clothing would take into consideration that some people are short AND wide. Unfortunately my experience has found that petite dresses are made way too narrow to fit me properly. That's why I shop regular women's instead and take up the hem when needed.

OP - I am so glad you like it! Enjoy the wedding.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics