Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The hugs on every thread/poll
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Do you want her to continue neutralizing all PA hugs
Yes, please keep doing it  
 13%  [ 13 ]
No, it’s annoying  
 86%  [ 84 ]
Total Votes : 97

number

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 3:51 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Do you think it would be a good idea to add a dislike button all over? Would be used in place of a PA hug.
I vote for a dislike button. Master of polls please create a new one. This one worked beautifully.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 3:58 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I assume she meant that she already stopped hugging all over (she gave us her drink) so can we quit this convo already?
Do I get extra credit, fuchsia?

Yeah. I didn't think her tone was called at this point.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 3:58 pm
What is PA

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 4:00 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
What is PA

Passive-aggressive

Elfrida

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 4:00 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Do you think it would be a good idea to add a dislike button all over? Would be used in place of a PA hug.

This has been suggested in the past. While Yael is very much against the misuse if the hugs button, I don't think she wants to create a way for people to actively express dislike either. It has a rather negative impact on the atmosphere of the site.

number

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 4:01 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Passive-aggressive
For what it’s worth fuchsia, I’m with you. I think your concept was brilliant. Sorry it didn’t pan out.

number

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 4:02 pm
Elfrida wrote:
This has been suggested in the past. While Yael is very much against the misuse if the hugs button, I don't think she wants to create a way for people to actively express dislike either. It has a rather negative impact on the atmosphere of the site.
IMO the current misuse of the hug button has a larger negative impact. But I’m curious what others think.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 4:09 pm
Actively inviting people to express a dislike is not quite the same as providing a positive tool which gets misused. It's more about the way the site is meant to feel. Ideally this should be a helpful, supportive site, not one where we make an effort to put people down.

yiddishmom

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 4:11 pm
Wow, I never realized that people pay so much attention to the hug and/or like button. This is probably the 4th thread on the subject matter.

I never know how many hugs/ likes I get. I barley notice them.

Alright, I'll start liking posts more. I would hug, but it's taken in a negative light....

silverlining3

Post Mon, Nov 16 2020, 7:53 pm
Fuchsia, I suggest you rather LIKE every post when there's one post liked than hug. That definitely will make everyone feel better, 'oh, atleast one likes what I say'

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 10:44 am
Fuchsia are you back at it on the Ami-Chava Shalom thread? A hugger is on the loose there! Choptzem!

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 10:59 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Fuchsia are you back at it on the Ami-Chava Shalom thread? A hugger is on the loose there! Choptzem!

Lol. Noticed it in the morning

Genius

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 11:05 am
ExtraCredit wrote:

LOL LOL LOL you really add spice to my day extra credit

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 11:14 am
ExtraCredit wrote:

Just for that, I joined in. On that page on that thread only.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 11:16 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Just for that, I joined in. On that page on that thread only.

Very Happy
I did get a PA hug there so thanks for having my back. But I’d so much rather have the hugger explain herself than find a bunch of confusing hugs all over. I was genuinely curious what she found wrong with revealing a name that’s in the Ami magazine.

Success10

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 11:20 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Very Happy
I did get a PA hug there so thanks for having my back. But I’d so much rather have the hugger explain herself than find a bunch of confusing hugs all over. I was genuinely curious what she found wrong with revealing a name that’s in the Ami magazine.

I can't envision anyone needing to give you a PA hug, ever.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 11:22 am
Success10 wrote:
I can't envision anyone needing to give you a PA hug, ever.

Same here that’s why these hugs confuse me. Can't Believe It
Jokes aside, I’m not bothered by them I’d just love to understand the reason behind them. Why can’t people just talk?

Success10

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 12:04 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Same here that’s why these hugs confuse me. Can't Believe It
Jokes aside, I’m not bothered by them I’d just love to understand the reason behind them. Why can’t people just talk?

PA hugs are hurtful. I've gotten them for saying things that are too "frum", or sometimes even just for questioning another viewpoint. The "hug" is such a nice feature in theory, but the way it's being abused makes it not suitable for a frum site, unless someone can find some sort of solution.

But not hugging every other post. Some other solution.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 12:14 pm
Success10 wrote:
PA hugs are hurtful. I've gotten them for saying things that are too "frum", or sometimes even just for questioning another viewpoint. The "hug" is such a nice feature in theory, but the way it's being abused makes it not suitable for a frum site, unless someone can find some sort of solution.

But not hugging every other post. Some other solution.

When you write something controversial and you get a PA hug I understand it’s hurtful. When you write a simple fact and get a PA hug it’s just CONFUSING. Would be so much smarter for the hugger to talk and explain why that post bothered them.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics