Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
S/O Marney - Bake & Serve for Side of Salmon?

penguin

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 4:06 pm
That Marney letter and suggestions for serving dishes reminded me.

Sometimes for Shavuos or a lot of guests I like to bake a whole side of salmon (it's not all that large, maybe 10 pieces). And I do have a nice long rectangular platter I can use to serve it.

However it is a bit of a pain to transfer the fish (I bake on parchement so I just lift the parchment from both sides after possibly saying a kapitel Tehillim). Plus then I need to slide the whole serving tray into a large plastic bag when I want to refrigerate.

So if I could find a long dish for baking, with a cover for storage, that would be amazing! (I did actually get a couple bake'n'serve dishes as gifts, but round or square so not quite right for the salmon.)

If you happen to come across this item, please post a link! Thanks!

Hmm. Do I want to post this here under my screen name? Do you think my situation is unusual and likely to expose my identity?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 4:30 pm
Like this? I know- it's metal, not such serveware, but would look great decorated with lemon slices and some greens.
https://www.amazon.com/Nordic-.....r=8-3

This may be big enough- check out the general measurements of your side of salmon. Nice and clear.
https://www.amazon.com/Anchor-.....=8-50

penguin

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 4:39 pm
Close... I'm not sure. The dishes I have are around 6" wide and 14" long.

penguin

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 10:31 pm
I tried Google shopping. It gives me lots of salmon recipes and fish shaped serving dishes (as in with a head and tail) but nothing quite like what I'm hoping for.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 10:39 pm
I find posting links very challenging but go to Amazon and look at the Norpro Stainless Steel Fish Poacher. I would imagine it's fine for baking as well.

penguin

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 11:16 pm
This?

Thank you for taking the time to find this!

Would you use if for serving?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars