Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Your child might have Corona now

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 2:01 am
This is a PSA
I’m not looking for arguments, name calling, loshon hora, chillul Hashem....

But, please, if you have school age children please keep them away from grandparents and people with comprised health.
Even if you were told that your child’s test came back negative.

Corona is rampant in our schools. Without you knowing.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 5:54 am
Op, I think it depends where you live.

A child who doesn’t feel well and tests negative for covid can still be sick and have a different kind of virus. Of course the right thing is to stay away from people when someone isn’t well...

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is a PSA
I’m not looking for arguments, name calling, loshon hora, chillul Hashem....

But, please, if you have school age children please keep them away from grandparents and people with comprised health.
Even if you were told that your child’s test came back negative.

Corona is rampant in our schools. Without you knowing.

Where do you live?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:21 am
Also the school testing isn't always done properly like just the tip of the nose.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:40 am
Stop with the fearmongering and baseless claims, please!

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:52 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Stop with the fearmongering and baseless claims, please!

This wasn't fearmongering. She asked you to please keep kids away from grandparents. This is so obviously necessary until grandparents can get vaccines.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:01 am
Location?

Random fact that I read yesterday- NYC school positivity rate is 0.17% despite the overall city rate being above 3%. Positivity rates in schools are low.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:07 am
gold21 wrote:
Location?

Random fact that I read yesterday- NYC school positivity rate is 0.17% despite the overall city rate being above 3%. Positivity rates in schools are low.

That is for public schools where they are taking it seriously (I.e. strict masks and sd). Unfortunately DD’s Brooklyn school does none of that, and we know of several girls who are sick and/or tested positive over the past week. (School is still not using masks or sd.) Sad

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:10 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
That is for public schools where they are taking it seriously (I.e. strict masks and sd). Unfortunately DD’s Brooklyn school does none of that, and we know of several girls who are sick and/or tested positive over the past week. (School is still not using masks or sd.) Sad

Many jewish private schools have been testing students weekly in recent weeks. I believe their positivity rates would be included in the total school positivity rate for NYC. This number does not specify the public school system.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:13 am
OP where do you live? Covid is not rampant everywhere right now.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:17 am
What do you mean by "our" schools? Because my kids are in yeshiva, and no, corona is NOT rampant there. Nor is it rampant in any of the local yeshivas where I am. School is probably the safest place to be right now, it's got the lowest transmission rate of pretty much any place right now, aside from mikvah. I'm all for caution among grandparents (and when we see my parents and grandmother, it is only outdoors plus masks, for this reason) but please, stop with the fear mongering. To say it's "rampant" in schools is an outrageous lie, and probably motzo shem ra.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:08 am
gold21 wrote:
Many jewish private schools have been testing students weekly in recent weeks. I believe their positivity rates would be included in the total school positivity rate for NYC. This number does not specify the public school system.

Our school tests but not the correct way they just swab the bottom of the nose not even inside at all.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:14 am
I am following my own doctor’s advice:

Stay away from people who are coughing, sneezing, running a fever AKA sick people.

Don’t worry about being near anyone who isn’t coughing, sneezing, running a fever AKA healthy people.

Strengthen your immune system, use common sense and don’t be afraid.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:17 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I am following my own doctor’s advice:

Stay away from people who are coughing, sneezing, running a fever AKA sick people.

Don’t worry about being near anyone who isn’t coughing, sneezing, running a fever AKA healthy people.

Strengthen your immune system, use common sense and don’t be afraid.

I'm doing this too but I am not taking my kids around people over 65.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:32 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I'm doing this too but I am not taking my kids around people over 65.

I'm not deciding that for anyone.

My parents, in their early 70's, are very nervous and will only visit with us outdoors and masked. I find this ridiculous but go along out of respect for them.

My ILs on the other hand, who will both turn 80 within the next year, are around my kids all the time, inside, no masks, hugs and kisses and all. If they are okay with it I am not going to tell them otherwise. Kids do not seem to be the "super-spreaders" we were first told they are and I honestly believe the social isolation would be worse for my ILs than any risk from my kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics