Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for Hubby- the challenge
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 1:17 am
With chanukah and another personal special occasion coming up, I need a gift for my DH.

I read previous posts and the ideas I believe mentioned were things he already has or its not exactly his style.
He wouldn't want a wallet, shoes, valet (he would think this would be more for me to keep things organized) lol etc.
He's into science, medicine, tools, technology, BBQ, outdoors, animals and fish and wine and alcohol. He also would appreciate a gag gift.

He already has a apple watch, iPad, cool bottle openers, personalized picture products and crafts of us etc...
He would like unique and cool things.

So if anyone is up to the challenge and has ideas, let it flow and help a DW

Rappel

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 1:21 am
What tools do you already have? And what's your budget?

Einikel

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 1:38 am
I got my husband the AirPods Pro and it was a real hit

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 1:43 am
Rappel wrote:
What tools do you already have? And what's your budget?

Let's just say he has a nice extensive collection. So unless its an unusual gift or something, he probably has it. He is extremely handy.

Budget would be around 250.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 1:44 am
Einikel wrote:
I got my husband the AirPods Pro and it was a real hit

I actually was thinking this and casually mentioned it in passing, and he wasn't so for the idea. It doesn't exactly reflect his image lol.

DrMom

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 1:51 am
How about one of those nifty Leatherman tools?

FaigyGl

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 2:07 am
If he is into technology he might like a 3D printer. U should be able to find one that fits your budget.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 2:15 am
A telescope?

Rappel

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 2:26 am
DrMom wrote:
How about one of those nifty Leatherman tools?

DH loves his! But I recommend Victorinox over the Leatherman brand. They're much sturdier.

Rappel

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 2:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Let's just say he has a nice extensive collection. So unless its an unusual gift or something, he probably has it. He is extremely handy.

Budget would be around 250.

Again - if you can tell us which tools he gets the most use out of, then we can suggest tools/options which will help him use them better.

A much smaller example than what you're looking for, but: DH recently ordered for me a screw guide from the States. It's something I never would have bought for myself, but it makes working a large project much easier.

Does he have a good workbench yet?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 2:53 am
Rappel wrote:
Again - if you can tell us which tools he gets the most use out of, then we can suggest tools/options which will help him use them better.

A much smaller example than what you're looking for, but: DH recently ordered for me a screw guide from the States. It's something I never would have bought for myself, but it makes working a large project much easier.

Does he have a good workbench yet?

TBH I honestly don't know what he has, lol. I don't have any clue on tools. I do know though that in his tool dept, he won't want me buying really something. He rather save up and buy something according to his preference instead of being polite to me for something I bought him.
Thanks for your help though!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 2:55 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
A telescope?

Perhaps, do you have any that u recommemd?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 2:56 am
FaigyGl wrote:
If he is into technology he might like a 3D printer. U should be able to find one that fits your budget.
recommend?

Im assuming I would have to buy all the items to create something, no? Trying to stay simple here, thats why I ask.
I am not so familiar with 3d printers.
Do u have any u recommend?

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 2:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Perhaps, do you have any that u recommemd?

No, I never bought one. A friend's husband is a science guy and for a big birthday, she bought him a super fancy telescope, well out of your price range. But there are plenty of lower priced ones on Amazon.

Mayflower

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 3:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
With chanukah and another personal special occasion coming up, I need a gift for my DH.

I read previous posts and the ideas I believe mentioned were things he already has or its not exactly his style.
He wouldn't want a wallet, shoes, valet (he would think this would be more for me to keep things organized) lol etc.
He's into science, medicine, tools, technology, BBQ, outdoors, animals and fish and wine and alcohol. He also would appreciate a gag gift.

He already has a apple watch, iPad, cool bottle openers, personalized picture products and crafts of us etc...
He would like unique and cool things.

So if anyone is up to the challenge and has ideas, let it flow and help a DW

A beautiful picnic basket with a few bottles of good wine inside? (Something like this)

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:56 am
I just bought this to my husband, and he loves it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....b400f

singleagain

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:18 am
What kind of alcohol doors he like?
I know a lot about scotch courtesy of my dad . I could help pick a bottle based on other bottles he has

square_peg

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:37 am
VR headset? The best one is the Oculus I think, but its $300.

smilemore

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:34 am
A dash cam

eileengray

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:41 am
The new VR glasses are really cool. The Oculus Quest 2 just came out and I think it’s within your budget.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics