Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Is this ok? Bus related

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 12:32 pm
Ds is a mature 6 yo first grader. In the morning, I watch him cross, watch as he goes down the block to the corner bus stop, and stand on my porch until I see him get on the bus. In the afternoon, I watch for his bus, then wait outside to watch him cross safely. Is this ok?
Ideally I'd love to go with him to the bus stop but I have a baby and it's really cold and hard to shlep up and down the steps with the car seat and I am unable to carry the baby without a car seat. On warmer days I do try to go with him in the mornings and wait for him in the afternoons.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 1:03 pm
I think that as long as you can see him waiting for & getting on the bus, it's ok. Last year my 1st & 2nd grader had a corner stop. I was able to see the bus coming from the window & I went out the door to see them coming home.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 1:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ds is a mature 6 yo first grader. In the morning, I watch him cross, watch as he goes down the block to the corner bus stop, and stand on my porch until I see him get on the bus. In the afternoon, I watch for his bus, then wait outside to watch him cross safely. Is this ok?
Ideally I'd love to go with him to the bus stop but I have a baby and it's really cold and hard to shlep up and down the steps with the car seat and I am unable to carry the baby without a car seat. On warmer days I do try to go with him in the mornings and wait for him in the afternoons.

I imagine it also depends on where you live. What kind of car and foot traffic in your neighborhood. Your child comfort and maturity level.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 1:56 pm
I know this isn’t your question but have your tried wearing your baby to the bus stop? It’s a lot easier than shlepping a car seat, and if you have steps is easier than a stroller.

mizle10

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 1:58 pm
Sounds fine to me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children