Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/O how much do you spend on shoes a year
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 5:46 pm
Posters are claiming not to spend more than $45 on a pair of shoes for their family, and I wanted to know if this is the norm here, or not.

P.S. even with spending $45 per shoe with 2 shoes per season per kid that’s minimum $180 per kid not counting slippers, boots etc.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 5:50 pm
I just spent the most on sneakers 135
And shoes up to 100 a pair

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 5:54 pm
Hmm never thought about it. I actually bought my daughter school shoes in the $40 range this year Smile
Plus shabbos shoes from a Jewish store - $80? $90? Maybe more.. sneakers for the summer were probably also in the $40 range. I always buy a second pair bec the ones they wear to camp get filthy. Bought a cheap pair at Zara maybe $35. Happens to be she wore last year’s natives for the pool so saved on those. She has rain boots she never wears but will probably use those for the rare snow day we have with layered socks - prob about $30. Oh and summer shabbos shoes for another 80-90. So about $300 for my daughter.

My son is more. His sneakers are usually around $100+ (he’s 15 but still kids’ size). 2 pairs a year. Shabbos shoes prob 90-100, 2 pairs a year. Slides about $35. Shower slides for yeshiva but those were only like $20. Vans for school, I think $40. Decided he doesn’t like the vans, so got uggs but I had a credit so they were free Smile he also wants ugg snow boots and I still have a lot left on my credit so those won’t cost me much. So prob around $400+ for him but I’m lucky because I have the ugg credit.

Are we counting my shoes too 🙈

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 5:59 pm
My 4 kids averaged $100 per shoe this season
2 teens averaged $150 per shoe this season
I don’t get shoes per season, but happened to have gotten 2 pairs recently approx $150 per shoe, same for dh with approx $135 per shoe.

Slippers and/ or crocs I get once a year or less...same with boots

silverlining3

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:06 pm
Shoes shoes shoes.....................!!!

6 pairs of SHOES, adults and kids included (don't have teens yet), roughly $440

ETA-winter season.. Realized afterwards you said per year.

Last edited by silverlining3 on Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:07 pm
Well I did spend $19.99 today on a pair of size 37 Ladies Geox loafers but they had been $115. I got them at Shoe B Doo. I like bargains.

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:12 pm
For shabbos shoes my thinking is that support isn't a huge issue because thry only wear them a few hours a week. I try not to spend more than $30 a shoe for Shabbos amd try to buy in DSW (which now has Children's shoes) or Children's Place. Weekday around $60 at MOST. I try to avoid Frum stores if I can, but my kids have some specific needs for shoes.

For myself I try not to spend over $60 a pair as well, but will do more if I know that they will last.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:22 pm
No extract amounts but about

$75 x 3 for weekday
$25 x 2 for shabbos
$20 x 2 for fuzzy crocs and swimming slippers
$50 x1 for boots

So that's about $365 per kid for the year. In town.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

boat

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:26 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
No extract amounts but about

$75 x 3 for weekday
$25 x 2 for shabbos
$20 x 2 for fuzzy crocs and swimming slippers
$50 x1 for boots

So that's about $365 per kid for the year.

Lol so that's 1 dollar a day for the benefit of wearing shoes on your feet. Not bad.

mommy12

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:32 pm
I try hard to keep shoe prices under $35. It's not always feasible but most of the time it is. I usually get on amazon or target and wait for sales. We don't care about what's in style or whatever anyone else is wearing. If it fits and it's comfortable and it's affordable, then great.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:43 pm
OP, you're not going to win. I was in the frum shoe store before yom tov and the store was packed to the rafters with shoes starting at 90 minimum a pair. And this was just one day, one shoe store.

But this must have all been a mirage because everyone here claims that everyone spends much less. Lol. Ok. I must have a really good imagination....

zigi

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:44 pm
no shabbos shoes for boys. boots if it gets really cold. girls teen I spent 40 and got shabbos shoes for 10. little girls shoes added up to 50 if you add everything up.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:52 pm
$60 school shoes
$25 sneakers
$20 shabbos x 2 times a year
$15 knockoff crocs
So approx 140 per kid per year

I wear my shoes for several years

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:54 pm
I spend about $300 per kid for both seasons

small bean

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 6:54 pm
I spend 25 - 30 avg. Sometimes more and sometimes less. In September I bought 12 pairs for 280. I have mostly boys, which makes it much easier to get weekday sneakers for cheaper. I buy skechers.

bsy

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:03 pm
I live in town but dont buy full price shoes. I buy off season and I buy in advance. And Amazon etc. I usually dont spend more than 30 to 45 for weekday. I only buy good brands, like naturino and primigi etc. Crocs I get fofor 12 usually when they have a sale online. I buy in advance, just size up.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:03 pm
Snow boots we hand down, I spend $30 or so.

Other shoes, around $20, older boys up to $50, DH up to $60. For myself (every few years) up to $40.

But I don't buy every year, we use hand-me-down shoes when we have them.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:14 pm
We have a shoe obsession in my house. Between me and my 2 teenage daughters, we buy a lot of shoes-we joke that it is a psychological problem, but that they are cheaper than therapy. Nobody feet grow anymore and we wear the same ones for years. (Ie. I have a pair of blue heals that I wear with a specific dress that I bought for a simcha in 2014, and I have probably worn the dress and shoes 6 times, but will easily and gladly wear in next summer if I have a simcha for which it is appropriate (and I don't gain too much weight from being home during COVID) There are easily 150 pairs shoes in my house. All shoes are from DSW clearance and I consider $30. (Post coupons) to be expensive and you must love and be super practical to buy. My upper limit is about $45 given the situation.
I spend about $500/year, as my goal is to make the Elite member level, but not spend more.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:23 pm
For myself I will spend up to $75, usually around $45.
For my 4 yr old I will spend up to $35.

I have no idea how often during a year I buy shoes. Some get worn out and some last many years.
For my kid, I get about 2x a year, plus boots.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:27 pm
I feel like everyone has to respond with their location. I live oot. Buying shoes in Target, tjmaxx, and Marshalls is the norm around here.

I know if I lived in town I'd spend more.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics