Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If you could Time Travel...🕰🔮🪄💭
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:45 pm
What age/year would you choose and למה?

I would go back to when I was 16 and talk myself out of getting a boyfriend

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:49 pm
I guess I'd want to go into the future to Moshiach times.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:50 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

Of course, that would be amazing

Cheshire cat

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:02 pm
I'd go back to when I was 18, the year my grandmother starting slipping into the grips of alzheimers.

She was a brilliant woman, very dignified, and very private. But if you sat with her long enough and gently probed, you'd be privy to the most fascinating details of her life.

I regret my youthful shortsightedness. I should have engaged her more. Should've recorded my conversations with her. She had such a treasure trove to share.

I would travel back to that time, sit together in her black and white tiled kitchen with the ivy leaf chandelier. I would inhale the slightly musty/ herbally scent that clung to the cabinets, eat ostreicher chocolate chip cookies and drink tea out of chipped blue mugs, and savor the opportunity to listen to her old memories as we made new ones together.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:04 pm
That’s beautiful!

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:09 pm
I would go back to 19 and get myself really good therapy (instead of marrying, divorcing, remarrying without knowing who I am or what I want)

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:10 pm
Probably Matan Torah.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:14 pm
I’m so curious to see all faces from tanach including a video of everything from that era. Yiden working in mitzrayim, huge fruit from the meraglim, baby boys in the water, akeides yitzchok.... etc etc etc !
But I think you asked if we can go back in time of our lifetime.
I’d go back to my young elementary days. Carefree and blissful at home and in school. Later on came more responsibility and friend politics so I’d stick to younger grades. Fun!
ETA I also regret not appreciating grandparents more, and spending more time with them while they were still alive Sad !

Last edited by ExtraCredit on Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:15 pm
I would go back 20 years, a few years into my marriage, be a validating wife and then get out of my marriage once I am being taken advantage of

liveandlove.ima

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:29 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

My first reaction too!! can't think of anything else now. blank

OneSource

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:34 pm
I would go back to 18 and go see a gastroenterologist to check for polyps and colon cancer. I could have found out that I was growing tumors that would be diagnosed as stage IV when I was 32. I could have been diagnosed early and had the potential to grow old 😭

InnerMe

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:39 pm
Cheshire cat wrote:
I'd go back to when I was 18, the year my grandmother starting slipping into the grips of alzheimers.

She was a brilliant woman, very dignified, and very private. But if you sat with her long enough and gently probed, you'd be privy to the most fascinating details of her life.

I regret my youthful shortsightedness. I should have engaged her more. Should've recorded my conversations with her. She had such a treasure trove to share.

I would travel back to that time, sit together in her black and white tiled kitchen with the ivy leaf chandelier. I would inhale the slightly musty/ herbally scent that clung to the cabinets, eat ostreicher chocolate chip cookies and drink tea out of chipped blue mugs, and savor the opportunity to listen to her old memories as we made new ones together.

I love that imagery.
I can just picture this in my mind.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:43 pm
OneSource wrote:
I would go back to 18 and go see a gastroenterologist to check for polyps and colon cancer. I could have found out that I was growing tumors that would be diagnosed as stage IV when I was 32. I could have been diagnosed early and had the potential to grow old 😭

Oy I’m so sorry!! Crying

keym

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:43 pm
OneSource wrote:

Im so sorry. Refuah shelaima. I'm davening for you.
Hashem knows who you are.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:44 pm
OneSource wrote:

this needs a hug button!!!! Crying Crying
Refuah shleimah to you.

Last edited by InnerMe on Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:44 pm
I'd go back to 19 when I was engaged. Hate one of my shaitels, I'd get a different one. Shallow, I know TMI

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:50 pm
OneSource wrote:

I’m so sorry! Hug
Refuah sheleima. Hashem doesn’t go by statistics. Davening for you.

OneSource

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 8:54 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I’m so sorry! Hug
Refuah sheleima. Hashem doesn’t go by statistics. Davening for you.

So, so, so true. Statistics say I should have died 3 years ago. Bh, today, almost five years after being diagnosed, I am disease free. Hashem has His ways. Just wishful thinking of what if I could have known to check. People who catch this early have excellent chances. Hashem had something else in mind for me 🤷‍♀️

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 9:01 pm
I would also want to go back to 4th grade and tell that one teacher he is being inappropriate

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 9:11 pm
I’d love to go back about ten years and give myself some really hot stock tips.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics