Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Serial in the ami- chava and shulem
  Previous  1  2  3 19  20  21 28  29  30  Next

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 9:44 pm
Just read this week’s chapter... I think their communication is getting better but I still don’t like the way Shalom is acting.
I still don’t feel like he’s treating Chava as his wife. He’s gentle with her and protective of her but he doesn’t really share enough and care about her opinion.
She “respects” him.. but too much.
They’re not on equal footing like a husband and wife should be. He’s way too “in charge” and she’s almost like his kid, which at least he loves but it’s still not good enough. It’s 2020.....! Makes no sense for a couple to be like that.

And it’s like she’s so worried he’ll chuck her when really at the end of the day he’s the one who actually messed up much bigger than her.
She’s in love and apparently so is he, but that’s it. There’s no real emotional connection which would include more trust and respect on his part.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:44 pm
What do you people read Shabbos? I didn’t open mine yet!

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 11:10 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
aww can I give you a hug too? Someone is so tzibruchen for you that you nebach don’t get toimeyhu reading Thursday... (ftr if I buy something to read I too don’t read before shabbos, because then I won’t have what to read LOL)

Edited an autocorrect

Last edited by Sunny Days on Thu, Nov 19 2020, 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

realsilver

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 11:12 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:

Imamother for weekdays, magazines for shabbos. Absolute rule in my house:)

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 11:13 pm
realsilver wrote:

Yup Smile

b.chadash

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 11:13 pm
shaindeldevora wrote:
I have literally never heard of an uncle marrying a niece since Megillas Esther!!

It's actually considered a mitzvah for an uncle to marry his niece.
And incidentally, Mordechai was not Esther's uncle, but rather her cousin.

realsilver

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 11:21 pm
b.chadash wrote:

About your second point, it’s a chelukai daos.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 11:24 pm
shaindeldevora wrote:
I love how autocorrect changed Waldorf Astoria to world of Astoria for you! Instead of the luxury hotel chain it brings up images of Astoria, Queens lol

Oh my you just brought back a really funny memory. A guy I dated hired a taxi driver to take us to the waldorf astoria and he took us to astoria in queens and asked where exactly we want to go once we got there Very Happy

b.chadash

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 11:49 pm
realsilver wrote:
About your second point, it’s a chelukai daos.

I'm interested to hear your sources . I actually looked into this many times and the conclusion I found is that it's pretty clear cut, as it is spelled out in the megillah, that Esther was "bas dodo" - daughter of his uncle, which would have made them first cousins. It seems to be a widespread misunderstanding that he was her uncle. If you can point me to a source that says he was her uncle, I would appreciate it.

Ironically, the famous kids' tape, Purim USA has a line in one of the songs when Esther is addressing Mordechai, "Uncle of mine, it is all very fine, but what about my life?" But elsewhere on the same tape, Mordechai is referred to as Esther's cousin.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:05 am
realsilver wrote:

Same.
Btw it seems like the drug dealer is on this thread and is afraid I’ll bust him soon.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 7:38 am
ExtraCredit wrote:

I only read this before Shabbos bec I cant wait...
That’s my toameha! Smile

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 9:07 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Same.
Btw it seems like the drug dealer is on this thread and is afraid I’ll bust him soon.
Can't Believe It
Troll on this thread?

clowny

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 9:57 am
b.chadash wrote:

Wait. Am I slow? I don’t ever remember learning that Mordechai married Esther.
I’m blushing...

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:00 am
b.chadash wrote:
I'm interested to hear your sources . I actually looked into this many times and the conclusion I found is that it's pretty clear cut, as it is spelled out in the megillah, that Esther was "bas dodo" - daughter of his uncle, which would have made them first cousins. It seems to be a widespread misunderstanding that he was her uncle. If you can point me to a source that says he was her uncle, I would appreciate it.

Ironically, the famous kids' tape, Purim USA has a line in one of the songs when Esther is addressing Mordechai, "Uncle of mine, it is all very fine, but what about my life?" But elsewhere on the same tape, Mordechai is referred to as Esther's cousin.

I was always wondering the same, if there's a machlokes if he actually was her uncle although it's clearly written in the megillah that they were cousins. I always wanted to see sources to the contrary. Please share!

tree of life

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:52 pm
Hi I read last week one and I really don't understand where she getting money for hotel taxi takeaway new apartment etc if her father is not interested plus all over a sudden a apartment comes available fully furnished the story getting weird

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 6:00 pm
Happy birthday wrote:
Hi I read last week one and I really don't understand where she getting money for hotel taxi takeaway new apartment etc if her father is not interested plus all over a sudden a apartment comes available fully furnished the story getting weird

I was wondering about the money too with all those hotel nights! I don’t remember if the dad is not supporting anymore. He went back and forth with that too, no?

Chloe22

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:13 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I was wondering about the money too with all those hotel nights! I don’t remember if the dad is not supporting anymore. He went back and forth with that too, no?
The story is not realistic at this point at all. It's nice that she can just run around without worrying about money. I still think that they should have gotten a divorce.

mamma llama

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:26 pm
Honestly, I don't understand how Sholom thinks to himself "Hey, why don't I go to prison for two years, rather than wait a bit and maybe not go to prison at all". That part just doesn't make sense to me - no matter how good he thinks he looks in orange... Can't Believe It

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 8:09 pm
And the part that she promised her father she is divorcing if he gets the lawyer....
And then she suddenly decided to deal with Shalom in a different way...
And her parents are giving her money while she hangs out for a week in Israel with no contact to them...

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 8:10 pm
mamma llama wrote:
Honestly, I don't understand how Sholom thinks to himself "Hey, why don't I go to prison for two years, rather than wait a bit and maybe not go to prison at all". That part just doesn't make sense to me - no matter how good he thinks he looks in orange... Can't Believe It

Yesssssss. Rolling Eyes
Page 20 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 19  20  21 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room