Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is this fitted bridal gown style "in"?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:43 am

Is this fitted gown style "in"?

Any of the frum places have similar?

All Im seeing is very flarey.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:47 am
Most frum kallahs would consider it to tight on the tush. It’s not so tznius.

Rappel

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:52 am
Iymnok wrote:

Maybe OP belongs to the community which wears pencil skirts?

The specific example in the photo is tighter than I would consider modest, but it would probably look less egregious of they had backed the lace in white and not nude fabric. Maybe the OP is looking for something like that.

OP - I do like the scalloped lace. For my wedding, I found at Jewish gemach a full skirted dress with a long scalloped train. Very classy, though the total fabric was a bit heavy for dancing! If I could do it again, I probably would have foregone the train for a more practical lace and tulle combination. The kallah should be able to have fun on her wedding day, and a tight long dress won't let her dance!

Last edited by Rappel on Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:57 am; edited 3 times in total

lucky14

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:54 am
Iymnok wrote:

I agree. I'm super modern and don't see how that's appropriate at all. I don't understand how that would be in style with frum people.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:05 am
lucky14 wrote:
I agree. I'm super modern and don't see how that's appropriate at all. I don't understand how that would be in style with frum people.

Ok not that tight, but you dont see any fitted styles at all in frum places.

They only show huge ballgowns in the frum places.

DrMom

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:05 am
Maybe it's just the photo or the fabric (white lace with nude underlay), but I feel like I am staring at the bride's bare tush showing through the holes in the lace of a very tight dress.

This seems wildly inconsistent with how most frum brides present themselves.

Not to mention it looks impossible to dance in a tight dress with all that fabric rustling around at the bottom. Maybe for a secular wedding with slow dancing, but for simcha dancing it looks unsuitable. Is there some way to pin it up for dancing?

In short, it seems like an inappropriate choice for a frum wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if frum stores tend not to carry this style.

Learning

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:06 am
It also looks difficult to dance with.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:13 am
I dont mean that skin tight, I mean an aidel version of this. Not that fitted, but not a Cindarella ball gown, which is all Im seeing.

essie14

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:25 am
Just follow jewish wedding photographers on Instagram and you will get a plethora of current wedding dresses.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:41 am
A-line instead of ballgown is very nice, also princess seams with an A-line skirt. There are beautiful slimmer styles that are not form fitting like the mermaid and fishtail styles. I have also seen beautiful drop-waist gowns that give a similar look to the fishtail.

byisrael

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 3:07 am
tali shurin has stuff that are less "poofy"
https://www.instagram.com/tali.....hl=en

she is very expensive though - and doesn't only cater to the frum community, so not everything is up to halachic tznuis standards, but all aremodest and she can modify if you want

DrMom

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 3:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dont mean that skin tight, I mean an aidel version of this. Not that fitted, but not a Cindarella ball gown, which is all Im seeing.

Ah, I see.

Have you tried shopping in stores that don't exclusively cater to the frum community? You'll probably find a wider selection of styles.

It is not uncommon even outside of the frum community to build up gowns (adding sleeves, bringing up necklines, etc.), if that is your concern.

Look online (maybe try TheKnot.com?) for options and go to manufacturers' websites to see shops nearby that sell them.

Rappel

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 4:32 am
DrMom wrote:
Ah, I see.

Have you tried shopping in stores that don't exclusively cater to the frum community? You'll probably find a wider selection of styles.

It is not uncommon even outside of the frum community to build up gowns (adding sleeves, bringing up necklines, etc.), if that is your concern.

Look online (maybe try TheKnot.com?) for options and go to manufacturers' websites to see shops nearby that sell them.

True. You can try on anything at David's bridal, and then get it built up to tsniyut standards

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 7:32 am
What do you mean by “in”?
Do you mean trending in the in-town circles? Then no, it’s not in.
Do you mean trending everywhere else? Then I think so.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 7:34 am
I’ve seen some people do it. But it’s not “in”.

It was done pre-war by very religious girls and I don’t think it ever came back in the Frum community. But again, you do you.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 7:36 am
Iymnok wrote:

Also, most Frum kallahs like it very poufy and kallah-like. This is a much more understated look.

saralem

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 9:52 am
Wow. The Tali Shurin designs are gorgeous! The poofy look is not for everyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics