Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Whatsapp on computer without a phone

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:24 pm
I downloaded whatsapp on my laptop cuz I dont wanna be connected and available all the time. I removed whatsapp from my phone and now I see that it disconnected from my computer, is there any way to have whatsapp on my laptop without it being active on a phone?

Genius

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:32 pm
Last time I checked the only way to have WhatsApp on the computer is if you have it on your phone

qwerty4

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:35 pm
You can download bluestacks whIch serves as a device on your desktop which acts like a phone. You can enter your number and download WhatsApp there. However note that bluestacks is a very heavy program and might not be the best option for a home laptop.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 7:36 pm
qwerty4 wrote:
You can download bluestacks whIch serves as a device on your desktop which acts like a phone. You can enter your number and download WhatsApp there. However note that bluestacks is a very heavy program and might not be the best option for a home laptop.

Thanks for the lead. Doesnt hurt to try

Mashy123

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 2:05 am
As of now blue stacks seems to be the only option, but it uses up a lot of resources.
I saw in the news a while ago, that in the code of WhatsApp they see that the developers are planning of making it multi platform, hence you want need to have a device connected for it (some sort like telegram)

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 2:49 am
Do you have a tablet? You can get it on there and connect it to your computer

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 3:01 am
If out-of-sight out-of-mind will help you, you can turn off notifications and cellular data for whatsapp on your phone, and bury it in a folder somewhere.

Then you can only use it when on wifi, probably mostly when you're near your computer anyhow, and it won't disturb you otherwise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics