Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Bussing for private schools???

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:18 pm
What happened to the bussing for private schools??

The school says that the Consolidated bus company does not want to run when the area is a zone (meaning red, orange, yellow), its insane! Some of the bus drivers want to get paid so they do the runs with empty buses....now you know where all your hard-earned tax dollars are going!! Outrageous!

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:31 pm
All bussing will resume on Monday Nov 23.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:32 pm
cnc wrote:

Even now that they closed public schools?

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:33 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Even now that they closed public schools?

Yes.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:36 pm
cnc wrote:

Just wondering, where did you hear this? I didn't hear anything from the school yet, and they promised to update us as soon as they find out.

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just wondering, where did you hear this? I didn't hear anything from the school yet, and they promised to update us as soon as they find out.

Yeshiva Services at Agudah.

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:39 pm
November 19, 2020
New York State Zone Updates
Dear New York State Principals and Administrators,

Governor Cuomo announced additional changes regarding the micro-cluster zones.

Brooklyn: All current orange zones have changed to yellow zones. All current yellow zones have been removed. If you have been in a yellow zone until now, you are now out of it.

Bronx: The yellow zone has been expanded. Click here and here for a map of the yellow zone.

Orange County: There have been zone changes in many areas. See here, here, and here for the different neighborhoods.

Queens: The yellow zone has been expanded to include new neighborhoods that have seen an increase of COVID-19 cases recently. Click here for the map.

Rockland County: The yellow zone has been expanded to include additional areas. Click here to see the map.

Westchester County: The yellow zone has been expanded. Click here to see which areas are affected.

You can view the full details of the Governor's zone updates by clicking here for yesterday's updates and here for today's.

All of these zone changes go into effect on Monday, November 23.

Schools that have just moved into a yellow zone can find information about testing in a yellow zone here.

NEW YORK CITY NOTE: We have been informed that busing will be resuming for all schools in NYC starting this Monday, November 23.

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The update was sent at 9:45 PM so give them some time Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:42 pm
Oh, ok.
Do you think we can get reimbursed for the time that we did not have bussing (like aid in lieu in NJ)? How do I contact Yeshiva Services at Agudah?

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh, ok.
Do you think we can get reimbursed for the time that we did not have bussing (like aid in lieu in NJ)? How do I contact Yeshiva Services at Agudah?

There is no reimbursement for bussing in NY- there are MetroCards.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 11:12 pm
Why would a MetroCard help? The child isn't old enough to ride alone! Its really ridiculous!

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 8:34 am
Thins when does logic work? I know of a mother in SI whose 5 year old was denied busing because all he had to do was cross an intersection-that happened to be on the list of the 20 most dangeres in the whole city(not just the Boro) walk past one of the busiest transit stations in the Boro, then walk down a busy highway with out sidewalks.
They don't care one bit about the parents.

bsy

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 9:25 am
My daughters school said yesterday they are hoping to have bus on Monday. We dont know if they will send enough though. So far, they never sent enough for their 17 kid per bus limit so kids get left in school

cnc

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why would a MetroCard help? The child isn't old enough to ride alone! Its really ridiculous!

I know that at other times parents were given metro cards as well so they can accompany the children.
However this may only apply to parents that are essential workers and who had children in day cares that were for children of essential workers.

If schools were not permitted to be open , then you can’t get metro cards since your child should technically have been home ...

cnc

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:10 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Thins when does logic work? I know of a mother in SI whose 5 year old was denied busing because all he had to do was cross an intersection-that happened to be on the list of the 20 most dangeres in the whole city(not just the Boro) walk past one of the busiest transit stations in the Boro, then walk down a busy highway with out sidewalks.
They don't care one bit about the parents.

Yes. The OPT’s routing is the biggest pain in the neck. It’s all done with a computerized system that doesn’t allow the routes to be out of a 5 mile radius, will sometimes make a child cross to the other side of the street even though the bus will be passing their side , because stops need to be a certain distance from each other etc ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries