Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If you could Time Travel...๐Ÿ•ฐ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐Ÿช„๐Ÿ’ญ
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 9:14 pm
OneSource wrote:
I would go back to 18 and go see a gastroenterologist to check for polyps and colon cancer. I could have found out that I was growing tumors that would be diagnosed as stage IV when I was 32. I could have been diagnosed early and had the potential to grow old ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Crying May Hashem send you a quick and complete healing. I will be davening for you.

simplepies

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:30 pm
Iโ€™d go back to summer camp some of the best years of my life. Ahhhhhh

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:59 pm
Answer 1: The times of Moshiach.

Answer 2: Any time when corona didn't exist.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:17 am
I'd go back to a few weeks after the birth of my son to tell myself to get help for PPD.

Ima Piano

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:23 am
I would go back to the time of the bais hamikdash but I would want my family there Smile

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:30 am
I've been watching the German Netflix show Dark lately.. it's all about time travel and (mild spoiler alert) one of the themes is that the people who go back in time end up causing whatever it is they're trying to prevent (like death of a loved one). I've had a much more sober view of time travel since watching that show!

Still, they didn't cover betting on stocks so maybe that's safe. Cool

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What age/year would you choose and ืœืžื”?

I would go back to when I was 16 and talk myself out of getting a boyfriend

Me too. Bec I ended up marrying him. And havenโ€™t been very happy.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:34 am
I'd like to be at Har Sinai.

I'd like to tell hey-zeus "look, dude, tell these yutzes that you're not moshiach"

I'd like to suffocate Hitler as a baby.

I'd like to have left my job 10 years ago until waiting until the company closed and I have no opportunities.

I'd like to see my Nana one more time. But really, I want her recipes.

But really, I want one night back. It was a Monday. My mom called, but I was working late for someone who really wasn't worth working late for. So I told her I was busy, and I'd call her later that week. I didn't get a chance the next day. And Wednesday morning, she died. Suddenly. I want back that half hour to talk to her, to tell her I love her.

BH Yom Yom

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:41 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I'd like to be at Har Sinai.

I'd like to tell hey-zeus "look, dude, tell these yutzes that you're not moshiach"

I'd like to suffocate Hitler as a baby.

I'd like to have left my job 10 years ago until waiting until the company closed and I have no opportunities.

I'd like to see my Nana one more time. But really, I want her recipes.

But really, I want one night back. It was a Monday. My mom called, but I was working late for someone who really wasn't worth working late for. So I told her I was busy, and I'd call her later that week. I didn't get a chance the next day. And Wednesday morning, she died. Suddenly. I want back that half hour to talk to her, to tell her I love her.

Like the first several things you wrote.

The last thing - no words. So painful. Sending hugs. Hug Hug

BH Yom Yom

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:44 am
OneSource wrote:
I would go back to 18 and go see a gastroenterologist to check for polyps and colon cancer. I could have found out that I was growing tumors that would be diagnosed as stage IV when I was 32. I could have been diagnosed early and had the potential to grow old ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Refuah sheleimah!!

BH Yom Yom

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What age/year would you choose and ืœืžื”?

I would go back to when I was 16 and talk myself out of getting a boyfriend

Iโ€™d go back to myself as a young preteen and get myself into really good therapy.

And to the day when (not my fault but still) I missed an opportunity to say goodbye to my then-mentor who left town. The relationship deteriorated and then disintegrated after that. Still dealing with it in therapy.

bernadette

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:10 pm
Oy... my grandfather... I would like to go back 20 years and tape everything he said about prewar Poland... the shtetl we have in our minds is completely different than the real shtetl. Iโ€™m fed up of living my life based on a world that wasnโ€™t real.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 2:39 am
One source bh you are well now. It is bashert when to find out. The medical world is advancing & new treatments keep coming up, maybe you were saved by getting the treatment available currently which you might've not been able to get 10 years ago.

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 3:35 am
I would totally be somewhere before the war in the alte velt, I would live in a modest house, bake and cook the whole day, going to see a holy Ruv, learn Tzena u'rena before my shabbos candles those things... (really funny for someone her great great grandparents where from Frankfurt, and went to the netherlands so I'm only yekkish)

dankbar

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:29 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
I would totally be somewhere before the war in the alte velt, I would live in a modest house, bake and cook the whole day, going to see a holy Ruv, learn Tzena u'rena before my shabbos candles those things... (really funny for someone her great great grandparents where from Frankfurt, and went to the netherlands so I'm only yekkish)

You can still do those, if you want to

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:37 am
One source, I don't want to minimize your pain ch'v. This was just our experience, when my child relapsed, I told the doctor, since my child's bloodwork kept fluctuating for last half a year before, maybe he relapsed earlier, just wasn't checked for it. Doctor replied, it's a good thing we found out now, because now we got approved for a new treatment, that we can try. Had we found it, half a year earlier, there would be no treatment options left for him, that we didn't try. Thank G-d. We then saw how Hashem orchestrates every step of the way. Hang in there! Yeshuos Hashem kheref ayin! Hashem can make the very sick healthy & you can go on to live a healthy long life iyh!

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:48 am
OneSource wrote:

I got a chill reading this. I was 27 and having fissures and hemorrhoids and no doctor wanted to believe me that something was wrong. Whomever I went to played down my concerns and decided I needed more fiber and maybe some mental help. I was ready to give up and I actually cried to my father that I'm going to c"v die and leave my three children motherless because I wasn't being taken seriously. He recommended one other doctor and I reluctantly went and Thank You Hashem he was the right shaliach. He sent me to a gastroenterologist who took me seriously. Had a colonoscopy and a new lease on life! The doctor found 6 polyps all of which b"H were non cancerous but he did clarify that there aren't any studies out there if these polyps stay, they could turn into cancer c"v. And he also mentioned he had never seen a young otherwise healthy person with polyps.
Since then I need to do a routine colonoscopy every 5-6 years.
The doctor was in awe that I had hemorrhoids and fissures because they are not all related to polyps. Hashem was sending me a message loud and clear.

I am so happy to hear that you're doing well! Thank You Hashem for medical advancements!! May you always be healthy till 155!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:01 am
I'd go back to 5th grade and write my then best friends name on the paper we needed to give in, as to who we wanna be in one class the following year (our class was split). I didn't write her name because, I thought my friend isn't smart enough. I thought my friend's choice of class she wants to join was not thought through etc etc.

Although I'm doing now pretty fine, friendwise, after that year I hadn't had a normal friendship with anyone in my class/school, and I was a disaster on the inside-it haunted me every day in school.

Once I was out of school I stopped regretting it. But for your question, this is where I would go back to in time and change something.

professor

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:06 am
OneSource wrote:

Refuah Sheleima!! Hashem should help you beat this and still grow old and see moshiach

professor

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:12 am
OneSource wrote:
So, so, so true. Statistics say I should have died 3 years ago. Bh, today, almost five years after being diagnosed, I am disease free. Hashem has His ways. Just wishful thinking of what if I could have known to check. People who catch this early have excellent chances. Hashem had something else in mind for me ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

B"H stay healthy and we will all greet mashiach together bimheirah beyameinu
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics