Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
S/O positive parenting- kids are kids!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:12 am
Spinoff time- what things have your kids done or do they do presently that annoy you to no end but Kids are Kids!

Mine grab handfuls of chocolate chips every time I want to bake. Can't Believe It
One leaves his hat on the couch every time and it's gotten sat on endlessly. He never learns his lesson. Can't Believe It

This is not a solution-oriented thread. Just for laughs or to share annoyances. Because kids are kids and only robots are perfect every time.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:16 am
Toddler puts his pull-up in the hamper along with the rest of his clothes

Zehava

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:22 am
Ds won a pen at cheder and now both my top and the couch sport pen marks

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:35 am
Had a child who ate peanut butter bread sandwich every night because disliked anything I cooked. I never forced to eat stuff they didn’t like. DC is biggest eater now and doesn’t know when to stop TMI .

silverlining3

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:35 am
When finally dtrs shoes sit nicely by her bedside for the next day-after her bath I tell her to put on her crocs (she likes barefoot), and she tells me she'll put on socks, perfect, no problem. Out she walks with socks and shoes on.

I love you girl

Kids love peanut butter, jus like the mom. Dare I leave it open. When I don't see, in goes their finger.

Stars

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:50 am
Oh where do I begin

They love making what I call yogurt art. Or ketchup art or cereal art. I’d love to get rid of my glass tabletop.

My kids love helping me cook by throwing the pieces in the pot or mixing, but they drive me nuts by sticking their hands near the knife before I’m done cutting (thankfully my knives are so dull they can barely cut zucchini). And when they mix stuff the entire kitchen gets a taste of the batter.

Most of the time I’m just grateful for rags and paper towels. The kids know if they make food art they clean it up but that’s about it.

I’m team let kids be kids 🙌🏻 I promise they won’t be doing these things anymore by the time they’re ten.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:52 am
Color on the walls

Turn over a whole bottle of apple juice on my freshly mopped floors just because

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:35 pm
My daughter colored up all her dolls. She told me she was giving them shots Very Happy

Stars

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:26 pm
Bump-

“Mommy, are you sleeping?”
I ignore
“Mommy mommy mommy are you sleeping?”
I ignore
“Moooommmmy, ma ma ma are you sleeping or are you awake?”
Me , half asleep, almost fully awake at this point “mmm”
“Oh, I just wanted to see if you were sleeping or not.”

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:28 pm
Zehava wrote:
Ds won a pen at cheder and now both my top and the couch sport pen marks

Hairspray it, then rub with a wet cloth

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:49 pm
I had one kid by my the meat sink and another kid by the dairy sink, each standing on a chair with the water running and having the time of their lives with a bottle of palmolive.. Which is empty now.

honeymoon

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:56 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Hairspray it, then rub with a wet cloth

Dry rag. Wet will set it in.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:57 pm
Having barely moved into our new apartment, with freshly painted walls, my kids went to town with a pen one morning. They scribbled an intricate "border" along the midsection of the hallway.

We left it like that. Any rubbing or erasers would've removed more paint or whitened the wall.

By now it makes no difference anyway, seeing the state of the walls after living here for several years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics