Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Clothing for preemies

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 8:10 am
I remember a while back seeing an ad for clothing that would fit preemies. Anyone have info?

Also, is there a forum here for preemies?

Teomima

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 8:25 am
If I recall correctly (it's been a long time since I had my preemie), Carter's had a preemie size that worked. I got a handful of tiny little pj onesies and she just lived in those for a good while.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 8:39 am
Mine wore doll clothes until he could fit in the preemie size which is about 4 pounds. Before he was 4 pounds, he didn't really need clothes because he was in an incubator but he wore the doll clothes for pictures.
There are gemachs for preemie clothes because they fit for a really short time. I think that I saw a few at Walmart.

Just One

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 9:03 am
I hope you can get from a gemach. They really don't fit for very long.
Know that if baby is smaller or just about 4 lbs even preemie sz will be hangy
With my last preemie they encouraged us to bring his own clothing, blankets and accessories while still in the NICU (but out of isolette) to promote as normal an environment as possible.
Try carters, Amazon. H&M had some when I was shopping for them last yr but not always. Some European companies sz 0 fit like preemie but you need to see the clothes irl to judge

Just One

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 9:05 am
southernbubby wrote:
Mine wore doll clothes until he could fit in the preemie size which is about 4 pounds. Before he was 4 pounds, he didn't really need clothes because he was in an incubator but he wore the doll clothes for pictures.
There are gemachs for preemie clothes because they fit for a really short time. I think that I saw a few at Walmart.

Very Happy ours never wore doll clothes but our dolls definitely wore their outgrown clothes!

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 9:25 am
I literally just gave away a huge bag of boy preemie stuff today! So glad to have sizes out BH

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:49 am
Mazel Tov!! I have a few preemies and just bought size NB. They outgrow it so fast it’s really not a worthwhile investment.

Just One

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:52 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Mazel Tov!! I have a few preemies and just bought size NB. They outgrow it so fast it’s really not a worthwhile investment.

Depends how small they are. My daughter's legs hardly reached the crotch on newborn

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:55 am
I remember when my niece was born preemie, I bought her some adorable tiny doll-sized outfits in gymboree.

I know gymboree has been thru changes, not sure if they still make preemie size. Worth checking out.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:12 am
Teomima wrote:
If I recall correctly (it's been a long time since I had my preemie), Carter's had a preemie size that worked. I got a handful of tiny little pj onesies and she just lived in those for a good while.

Yes Carter’s has Preemie size.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:13 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Yes Carter’s has Preemie size.

Yes my preemie sons entire wardrobe was/is carters.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:17 am
I may have some girl preemie size outfits.
I had a full wardrobe but I know I threw out some earlier this year. Definitely still have a few, although I think they're size 0M. (Daughter wore them when she was 4 pounds.)
Is it a girl or a boy?

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I may have some girl preemie size outfits.
I had a full wardrobe but I know I threw out some earlier this year. Definitely still have a few, although I think they're size 0M. (Daughter wore them when she was 4 pounds.)
Is it a girl or a boy?

You threw out clothes??!! You’re breaking my heart!! I donated mine to a local NICU (who will give them to low income NICU families)

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:03 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
You threw out clothes??!! You’re breaking my heart!! I donated mine to a local NICU (who will give them to low income NICU families)

Yeah, DS weighed 7 pounds when he left the hospital and the nurses asked us for the clothes so we donated them. The last couple of months of his stay, he wore clothes.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 8:41 pm
I likes the carter's preemie clothes my baby was not preemie but iugr and was tiny. nb clothes were so big he would stretch and both feet ended up in one leg or his arm would come out of the head hole. but he wore the clothes about a mouth before he moved to nb definitely was worth getting. Also look on Amazon. I was given some outher brands one was burt's bees but I found those a bit bigger then carter's.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 8:43 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

I gave mine to the preemie gmach that's local here they had no boys clothes when I needed and when I called them months later to give them what I had they still didn't have anything for boys. I was so happy to help
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics