Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Don’t assume immunity if you got it in March 🤦🏻‍♀️
1  2  Next

bigsis144

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:34 am
You might remember that my husband had Covid-19 waaaay back in the beginning of all of this, and was in the hospital for a week before coming home in time for Pesach BH

So people might assume no one in my household would get it again?

Well, my son just tested positive and my whole house is locked down again. Fun fun fun.

Please don’t have parties with people outside your households, y’all.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:36 am
Is your son symptomatic?

And did he have it back in March?

crust

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:37 am
So your son tested positive in March and had the whole virus and now he tested positive again and he is sick again?

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:38 am
bigsis144 wrote:
You might remember that my husband had Covid-19 waaaay back in the beginning of all of this, and was in the hospital for a week before coming home in time for Pesach BH

So people might assume no one in my household would get it again?

Well, my son just tested positive and my whole house is locked down again. Fun fun fun.

Please don’t have parties with people outside your households, y’all.

Oy!!!!

Just because your son got it doesn't mean your dh isn't immune.

But bigsis, HUGS!!! This will be a challenging time!!!

Get yourself zoom support or something.

and if you can, isolate your son (don't know if that's feasible) so that the rest of family can come out of quarantine after 14 days, not 10+14.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:48 am
I wonder how many people will feel that by staying home on Thanksgiving that they dodged a bullet, especially if the people that they would have visited with came down with it. There will probably be a lot of Monday morning quarterbacks.

cookies6

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:51 am
You said your husband had it in March, not your son. This sounds like it's the first time your son has it. Why would he automatically have antibodies from when your husband got it in March. The real test is to see if your husband gets it again.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:20 am
I keep hearing stories (but 2nd hand, so who knows) that people who had the virus, were pretty sick, and ended up with antibodies, are not showing antibodies anymore after about 4 months. Can anyone personally verify that this happened to them or someone in their family?

If it's true, aside from the fact that I don't trust this rushed vaccine in the first place, I wonder what kind of immunity it can possibly offer since the idea of a vaccine is to replicate the immunity you'd have from having a virus without having to have the virus.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:22 am
My son had low antibodies in June. He just tested positive and gave it to the rest of us. We don't know when he first had it.

naomi2

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:34 am
This title is very misleading

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:36 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
My son had low antibodies in June. He just tested positive and gave it to the rest of us. We don't know when he first had it.

The antibody test is notoriously faulty. You shouldn't really rely on it.

DH and I had covid in March. Our kids did not.

Refuah shleima.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:38 am
MiracleMama wrote:
I keep hearing stories (but 2nd hand, so who knows) that people who had the virus, were pretty sick, and ended up with antibodies, are not showing antibodies anymore after about 4 months. Can anyone personally verify that this happened to them or someone in their family?

If it's true, aside from the fact that I don't trust this rushed vaccine in the first place, I wonder what kind of immunity it can possibly offer since the idea of a vaccine is to replicate the immunity you'd have from having a virus without having to have the virus.

Yes, I personally know someone who was quite sick in March and doesn’t have antibodies anymore. However, I also know other people who were sick in March and still have high levels of antibodies.

el2cg

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:17 pm
I had mild covid in march. Tested positive for antibodies in May. In August, I was with a group of family members for 10 days (in 1 house). Everyone including my daughter got covid. Only the 4 adults who had covid in March, including myself, did not get covid. I then tested negative to antibodies in September.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:02 pm
I got sick in March...tested positive for antibodies 2 months ago. Tested positive for antibodies again two weeks ago (same for my husband).

tigerwife

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:06 pm
I know several families who had some members sick with Covid last spring, and then other family members caught it this fall. No repeats but it is curious how such a catchy virus did not infect everyone in the household the first time around.

I’m sorry BigSis, I hope your quarantine goes better than smoothly!

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:08 pm
That happened to my family...all the teens got sick, nothing happened to my parents. 8 months later my father got sick:(

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:11 pm
antibodies isn't the only type of immunity.

My DD was sick in March and doesn't have antibodies. And yet, her friend and coworker, whom she walks with daily at lunch, had COVID recently, and DD did not get it. They were together all week just before that.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:14 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
The antibody test is notoriously faulty. You shouldn't really rely on it.

DH and I had covid in March. Our kids did not.

Refuah shleima.

He had 2 tests a few months apart with similar results. They were low though, so probably wore off by now. Bh we are recovered.

agreer

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:15 pm
But if your DH didn't get it, then he IS still immune from March, isn't he?

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 2:22 pm
My doctor said there are confirmed re-infections, and they are not always mild.

This is a gamechanger. I had it in April, donated plasma in June. I retested last week, and I still have antibodies.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 2:29 pm
I know someone who sure appears to have it again and had it the first time right before Pesach.

There are lots of stories of people who were heavily exposed in March/April and didn't get it then but got it later.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics