Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Camp Ruach Chaim

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 3:04 pm
Hi people who have sent there in the past, can you please post info about the camp. Nice grounds, organized, are there any OOT or only from Lakewood, is it difficult to be accepted into the camp?
On their website there are old pics from 2015. I noticed all the boys were wearing regular pants, no adidas or other sport pants. Is that still the case? I'm trying to figure out what type attends the camp.
Thanks!

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 3:18 pm
My son went 2 years and I know staff there well. It’s a lot of Lakewood and yeshivish Flatbush like Chaim Berlin. But there is oot. Lots of Toronto. Some Cleveland. They tend to group boys by where they are from.

The boys were white shirts and cotton pants to davening and learning. (My son kept his on a hanger in Bais medrash with blazer). Other times they were sport pants like adidas and t-shirts. No shorts.

Grounds are old and not nice. Bunkhouses are ancient. But there are tons of fields. Food is plentiful and very good. Learning groups were great. Staff really cares.

You can search you tube for music videos the boys make.

Some grades are easier then others to get in. If you apply early it’s not too bad. Older grades fill up later.

They don’t really go on trips. No crafts. It’s a low key program. But my son really enjoyed.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
My son went 2 years and I know staff there well. It’s a lot of Lakewood and Chaim Berlin. But there is oot. Lots of Toronto. Some Cleveland. They tend to group boys by where they are from.

The boys were white shirts and cotton pants to davening and learning. (My son kept his on a hanger in Bais medrash with blazer). Other times they were sport pants like adidas and t-shirts. No shorts.

Grounds are old and not nice. Bunkhouses are ancient. But there are tons of fields. Food is plentiful and very good. Learning groups were great. Staff really cares.

Are there rules about the shirts like no words on them (like a school dress code)? Do the boys not wear shorts bec its a camp rule or the type of boys that go just don't wear shorts
What kind of ammenities do they have on grounds?

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 3:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are there rules about the shirts like no words on them (like a school dress code)? Do the boys not wear shorts bec its a camp rule or the type of boys that go just don't wear shorts
What kind of ammenities do they have on grounds?

I added more to my post above.
T-shirts when not learning can have words and logos. No rules.
Camp rule. No shorts out of bunkhouse.
Pool
Lake with boats - but they don’t use really. 2 yrs ago there were many tradgedies with water and they were told not to go boating. Last yr younger boys were in Vermont instead.
Old lunchroom
New shul and beis medrash
Tons of baseball fields and basketball fields. Volleyball and soccer.
New Indoor gym
Canteen

Older boys 10th grade and up can bring phones. Younger grades have a lot of access to phones to call home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics