Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
BEST TIPS
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 5:03 am
Only buy white (or black socks) in the exact same pattern. Same goes for kids. Keeps you from having to match socks.

If kids are close enough in size that their socks look similar, bit not close enough that they can wear the same size, then white for one kid, black for the next kid, etc. Even though honestly, I just make the smaller kid wear socks that are a little too big and only buy white socks 😂😈

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 9:34 am
ExtraCredit wrote:

*Don’t wash windows...The inside will get more fingerprints as soon as you’re done.

I discovered that my dh leans his head against the glass when looking out the window. (Why?) I recently washed the windows and kept finding smudges on the inside. I'd wipe them away and the next day find more. At first I thought dh was opening the window by planting his hands on the glass and pushing up on it, which didn't make much sense since it's much easier to grab the bottom ledge designed for this purpose. Then I figured it out and asked dh if he does this. He fessed up.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 9:54 am
dankbar wrote:
Ec I thought this one was the serious thread not the humorous one

I was completely serious!

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 9:57 am
WitchKitty wrote:
I think it would be a nice hat.

Update: I needed the pot off the counter for Shabbos soooo...
After much trial and error (twisting and turning, banging and burning) DH figured out the exact angle it needs to be to go in and out of the cabinet without chipping off half the door. In fact I took a pic of the angle to have it for next time. LOL
And they lived happily ever after!
The end!

liveandlove.ima

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:01 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Update: I needed the pot off the counter for Shabbos soooo...
After much trial and error (twisting and turning, banging and burning) DH figured out the exact angle it needs to be to go in and out of the cabinet without chipping off half the door. In fact I took a pic of the angle to have it for next time. LOL
And they lived happily ever after!
The end!

I'm not so sure, I have this feeling we will be hearing a lot more of it

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 10:12 am
mocha wrote:
I'm not so sure, I have this feeling we will be hearing a lot more of it

LOL

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:40 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Get a whiteboard. A large one. In the kitchen.
Menu plan on Sunday and write it up for all to see.
Write up when you're out or when something is happening. Jobs you expect someone to do and when etc.
Everyone sees it!!

Never cook once. Double anything u make. Same 1 dirty pot to wash. Double dinner . Freeze for the next wk.

Just ordered a magnetic fridge whiteboard thanks to this suggestion. Until now I used the lists that come in a pad with magnet behind the last page and I always found the last page sticking to fridge but the rest of the pad tears off. So I appreciate this serious tip!

liveandlove.ima

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:42 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Just ordered a magnetic fridge whiteboard thanks to this suggestion. Until now I used the lists that come in a pad with magnet behind the last page and I always found the last page sticking to fridge but the rest of the pad tears off. So I appreciate this serious tip!

it is actually one thing I have not regretted getting https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:58 am
mocha wrote:
it is actually one thing I have not regretted getting https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

The one I ordered is similar but 12x8. Comes with 3 markers. Now I’m thinking if it’s big enough.
Want it mostly for groceries, not menus or chores.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:02 pm
Canceled and ordered 17x11 instead (yours is out of stock but found other option). Thanks for all your brilliant tips imas! Laugh

Einikel

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:04 pm
If I have a white fridge can I write directly on it?

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:04 pm
Einikel wrote:
If I have a white fridge can I write directly on it?

LOL
Saves a step. Try it with the dry erase markers and let us know!

liveandlove.ima

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:06 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Canceled and ordered 17x11 instead (yours is out of stock but found other option). Thanks for all your brilliant tips imas! Laugh

so this thread IS serious after all! okay, good! Smile

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:26 pm
On Thursday night I chop tons of fresh veg
I sit down and listen to something .
I chop
Cukes, tomatoes, peppers, onions
I make BIG tubs of each seperate

I line the bottom of the tub with 2 pcs of paper towel folded.
It’s enough to last me most of the week.

Then when I’m ready it’s all chopped already
Israeli salad, sautéed onion peppers tomato, toppings for a lettuce salad
It makes the rest of the week super easy

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:50 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
LOL
Saves a step. Try it with the dry erase markers and let us know!

Yes.

(My husband decided to show me a graph of something and drew it on there with a whiteboard marker. 😂 )

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 10:11 am
Buy a larger freezer than you think you'll ever need.

When things go on sale, you make double portions, you are expecting a lot of company, etc. you will thank me!

I live alone, but I don't cook tiny meals one at a time. I cook enough for 4 or 6 people, and then divide the portions, freezing most of it for later. By having them in small packages, I can take what I need when I'm in the mood for it, instead of having to commit to thawing out a large bin of something.

If you don't eat a lot of meat, you can have the butcher cut the meat down and pack it with a piece of butcher's paper in between each layer. I recently did this with a rack of lamb, and now I have two small chops in several portions. Perfect for dinner, along with some green beans and a salad.

You can put portions of meat in Ziplock bags, and add marinade. Label the bags, and you're halfway to making a fancy meal. This works especially well with fresh chicken. Who buys just one chicken breast?

If your home is prone to getting meal moths, keep all of your grains in the freezer as well. When Pesach comes around, I take everything I'll need out of the big freezer and put it in my fridge freezer. Then I put my chametz in the big freezer, tape it shut, and sell it. Easy peasy!

Get a frost free model with an "A" rating for best results and lowest electric bills. You want to get an upright model with drawers or bins. A chest freezer is a space devouring black hole. Your food will go in, and you will never see it again!

If you live in a moderate climate, you can even keep your freezer outside, as long as it is protected from the rain. In harsher climates, you can keep it in the garage. Just make sure to unplug it if the temperature drops below freezing, and plug it back in as soon as the temp rises again.

Einikel

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:00 pm
I found this on Walmart and it takes out all stains magic! I spray the stain with water and rub in this soap it takes off all stains including stains that went through the dryer.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Zote.....35505

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:08 pm
mocha wrote:
so this thread IS serious after all! okay, good! Smile

It was always serious. As serious as serious can get. Seriously! What

liveandlove.ima

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:55 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
It was always serious. As serious as serious can get. Seriously! What

Seriously?

imanotmommy

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 5:06 pm
Crock pots, crock pots, crock pots. And crock pot liners.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics