Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
HOW DO YOU GET A BUNDT CAKE OUT?
Previous  1  2

precious

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 9:58 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
I use the oil spray that has flour.

I flip it on to a plate straight out of the oven, and let it cool before I lift the pan to release the cake.

This is exactly what I was going to say

ocean blue

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:02 pm
I take big square of parchment paper, cut an x in the middle and cover the inside of the pan. Comes right out

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:34 pm
sarest wrote:
I take big square of parchment paper, cut an x in the middle and cover the inside of the pan. Comes right out

Does it have a nice even shape with the paper?

Frumme

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:37 pm
You need to flip it out of the pan 5-10 minutes after it's taken out of the oven. Flip it too soon and it will fall apart; wait too long (more than 10 minutes), and the sugars against the bottom of the pan will cool and crystalize, making the cake stick and hard to remove from the mold.

Levtov

Post Thu, Nov 19 2020, 11:56 pm
I just got a wonderful tip, and it works!! When you start baking, spray bundt with flour/oil spray and STICK BUNDT PAN IN FREEZER. When cake is done mixing, remove pan from freezer and fill bundt pan. place in oven. I turn it over as soon as I take out of oven and slides out beautifully.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:06 am
Levtov wrote:
I just got a wonderful tip, and it works!! When you start baking, spray bundt with flour/oil spray and STICK BUNDT PAN IN FREEZER. When cake is done mixing, remove pan from freezer and fill bundt pan. place in oven. I turn it over as soon as I take out of oven and slides out beautifully.

So interesting! Want to try it next time because I never had good experience with flipping it when hot.

out-of-towner

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:11 am
Another vote for using a plastic knife to get it out. Only when it's almost completely cooled if not completely cool though.

One other thing, are you using a complex shaped pan? I had a rose pan that was a wedding gift. It's utterly impossible to remove a cake from, and even harder to clean. I think I gave it away (actually I hope so because otherwise it's just taking up valuable space that I don't know about). I only use a regular bundt pan.

Teomima

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:15 am
Any advice I have is probably just going to echo what others have said. But my father was a professional baker and this is what he taught me:

The pan matters. Don't use a light cheap pan from the supermarket, use as heavy duty of a bundt as you can find. It's a worthwhile investment because you get such good use out of it.

Grease it thoroughly, including all the crevasses, with a good grease like crisco, and flour lightly (use cocoa powder instead if making a chocolate cake). Aggressively tap out all excess powder. You can also use a combination product like Bakers Joy.

Leave to cool ten minutes, then invert on to a plate. Do not cool completely or else the grease resolidifies and defeats the whole purpose. Don't flip when too hot because the cake is too delicate and will fall apart. Also you want the cake to "fall out" as little as possible so hold a plate against it, don't invert onto a lower surface.

If you feel it is not coming off the pan, use a very small flexible spatula to slide along the sides, gently separating it, then try again to invert onto a plate.

The combination of all of the above gives me a perfect bundt every time (and yes I tried testing the rules/cheating, and paid dearly in cake crumbles).

Last edited by Teomima on Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Cheshire cat

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:31 am
Levtov wrote:

Yup. This is exactly how I do it.

I never had a problem so far

Cheshire cat

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 12:33 am
Teomima wrote:
Any advice I have is probably just going to echo what others have said. Bit my father was a professional baker and this is what he taught me:

The pan matters. Don't use a light cheap pan from the supermarket, use as heavy duty of a bundt as you can find. It's a worthwhile investment because you get such good use out .

Nordicware bundt pans are excellent

Raisin

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 3:44 am
silicon bundt pan. I have one and it is just not even an issue.

Only problem with it is that pan can get misshapen in oven so you have a leaning cake so just be careful when putting it in..

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 9:09 am
Going forward, definitely use spray with flour.

Cooks Illustrated has a tip for chocolate cakes which I can't look up now: to brush the pan with melted margarine and cocoa.

ETA: I see Teomima mentioned the cocoa earlier.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

liveandlove.ima

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 2:52 pm
mocha wrote:
Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It
Oh my goodness you people work way too hard!
I make bundts every week and never thought it needed this much of my assistance!!
(or maybe I have a magical bundt pan?! 🤷‍♀️)

UPDATE: so I'm not so magical after all... 🤦‍♀️ just checked the co. of my bundt pan and its a nordic ware
never knew people are struggling so much.

cbg

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 3:32 pm
My DD came up with this trick
Grease pan with coconut oil
Then put the pan in the freezer and let the coconut oil harden
Some how this works and her bunt pans come out clean

meme6

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 3:36 pm
I make average of 4 bundts a week I spray the pan well and flip after 10 minutes barely have a cake stick to pan I would say once in 6 months

momofboys

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 4:04 pm
I use the cheap Bundt pan from Walmart..comes out amazing..I spray tons of flour and oil spray before I put in batter..always comes out beautiful

little neshamala

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 4:10 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I wrote a thread like this a while back. The best advice I got was to buy a Nordicware Bundt pan. Since then I have no problems! I spray it, wait for it to cool, slide my knife around and then it pops right out.

Yes! I think I was one of those on that thread that advised nordicware.
For years, I tried every trick, with multiple pans, and nothing ever worked.
When I finally bought a nordicware pan, ta da, problem solved.

ila

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:46 pm
Spinof what are you best tips to take a Chiffon del out of the pan? Thank you in advance!!!

cookiewriter

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 8:22 pm
I have tried every Bundt pan including Nordic ware
The only pan that ALWAYS releases beautifully is the disposable aluminum tins
So now I just buy those
Same for muffins

ttbtbm

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 8:39 pm
I use a Nordic ware Bundt pan and rarely had a cake slide out whole. No matter what I did. Until I found a recipe online (I don’t have it in me now) that had crisco and flour, something else too I think, in it. Coat the pan and viola the cake comes right out!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins