Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Who here thinks we'll be allowed into Israel in May?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:39 am
My husband booked for himself and my son to go in may. They were supposed to go next week. The problem is that they're non refundable tickets so it was a risk. They were very cheap though! I was tempted to book for the whole family for then but with non refundable tickets it's just too much of a risk.

From the UK

Rappel

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:46 am
I think so. By then the vaccine will have been out for a while so:

Either it's effective, and everyone can then travel

Or is ineffective, so they'll adjust international policy because we can't keep everything shut down

Elfrida

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:48 am
Its six months ahead. Last November, who could have imagined the situation we were in this past May?

I think a lot will depend on vaccine availability and effectiveness. They may make vaccination in ones home country a condition of entry. If a vaccine does prove to be effective, then Israel would be happy to have the tourists coming back and giving a boost to the economy, but they won't do that at the expense of citizens health. I doubt they'll risk opening to the normal crowds for Pesach, but maybe after that.

So maybe cautious optimism, if you are vaccinated.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 1:51 am
Elfrida wrote:
Its six months ahead. Last November, who could have imagined the situation we were in this past May?

I think a lot will depend on vaccine availability and effectiveness. They may make vaccination in ones home country a condition of entry. If a vaccine does prove to be effective, then Israel would be happy to have the tourists coming back and giving a boost to the economy, but they won't do that at the expense of citizens health. I doubt they'll risk opening to the normal crowds for Pesach, but maybe after that.

So maybe cautious optimism, if you are vaccinated.

Oh dear I guess it's a risk bc my husband and son won't be the first to be vaccinated. Unless they do it privately but that defeats the cheap tickets lol. I guess we'll have to wait and see. And daven that we can put Corona behind us for the most part!!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 2:39 am
I don’t know... no one knows anything now.
We were supposed to take the trip of a lifetime this summer. We booked tickets for the whole family to go to Israel in the summer. We kept thinking it would work out even during the peak of corona when the whole world shut down. Last minute we had to cancel. We did not get a refund. The airlines still has our money. They said we can rebook within 2 years. I’m afraid to book anything until the country opens up. Even if flying is allowed, so many places are closed or have restrictions.
I sure hope that by May things are back to normal but these days you can’t assume anything.

chanchy123

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 3:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh dear I guess it's a risk bc my husband and son won't be the first to be vaccinated. Unless they do it privately but that defeats the cheap tickets lol. I guess we'll have to wait and see. And daven that we can put Corona behind us for the most part!!

My (ever way too optimistic) husband claims that once there are vaccines and the high risk people are vaccinated regulations will be relaxed for everyone. I think that is unrealistic, but could give you at least some hope things will be ok by then.
Also wasn’t the UK a green country for Israel until fairly recently?

Elfrida

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 3:59 am
chanchy123 wrote:
My (ever way too optimistic) husband claims that once there are vaccines and the high risk people are vaccinated regulations will be relaxed for everyone. I think that is unrealistic, but could give you at least some hope things will be ok by then.

It isn't any more, but from next week the UK will consider Israel a green country. Anyone entering the UK from Israel won't have to isolate - though they will on entering Israel.

With bidud only on one end the time frame is more reasonable, and I'm thinking of going to visit my family for a few days.

chanchy123

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 4:01 am
Elfrida wrote:
It isn't any more, but from next week the UK will consider Israel a green country. Anyone entering the UK from Israel won't have to isolate - though they will on entering Israel.

With bidud only on one end the time frame is more reasonable, and I'm thinking of going to visit my family for a few days.

But the fact that it had been on the list before, means it’s likely to get back on the list again.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 4:10 am
chanchy123 wrote:

The high risk snowflakes won't be required to vaccinate because the needle piercing their precious skin would be too much for them. Instead, the rest of us including our kids for whom Corona is LESS dangerous than regular flu will be forced to vaccinate.

Why should the high risk have to take any precaution ever if they can force it on the rest of the population instead?!

Elfrida

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 4:18 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
The high risk snowflakes won't be required to vaccinate because the needle piercing their precious skin would be too much for them. Instead, the rest of us including our kids for whom Corona is LESS dangerous than regular flu will be forced to vaccinate.

Why should the high risk have to take any precaution ever if they can force it on the rest of the population instead?!

This in entirely unhelpful to the OP.

At least one model is considering giving priority to those at the highest risk of spreading Corona rather than those at highest risk of complications as the most efficient way to limit spread in society.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 5:28 am
chanchy123 wrote:

We've not been allowed in for months now. In between both waves maybe with special permission. This is just stam bc he just turned bar mitzvah they planned a Daddy and son trip. We were bh lucky enough to go with the whole family a couple of weeks before the 1st lockdown started.

I just hope we don't lose the money but that was the risk dh wanted to take with such cheap tickets. This was paid using credit from the 1st lot of tickets meant for next week. With the same credit he's booked other flights just for us 2 for June to somewhere in Europe!

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 5:34 am
I know people going to Israel now. So I'm optimistic that in may you'd be able to go.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 5:48 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I know people going to Israel now. So I'm optimistic that in may you'd be able to go.

During lockdown from the uk? Wow let's hope...whoever goes now will have to quarantine though. Theyve not got time for that so if they have to then they won't be going.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 5:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
During lockdown from the uk? Wow let's hope...whoever goes now will have to quarantine though. Theyve not got time for that so if they have to then they won't be going.

Oh, I skipped the UK part. I know people going from the US without quarantine.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 5:56 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

Ah I thought so. I really hope by May they'll have had the vaccine and can travel without quaratining (or wearing masks but that won't be the end of the world!)

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 6:11 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

Curious how they are going without quarantine? Is it allowed?

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 6:24 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

Dunno, I guess they find their way.

avrahamama

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 6:30 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:

I think you have to show two negative test. Maybe one is a rapid test. And maybe also an antibody test.

Elfrida

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:49 am
Anyone who has already had Corona, and can show printed proof of a positive PCR test at least ten says before flying doesn't have to do the full bidud. They do another test as soon as possible on entering the country (now there are facilities at the airport) and then they have to stay in bidud until they get results - normally within 14 hours. Assuming that test is negative, they are released from bidud.

Antibody tests and rapid tests are not considered diagnostic for purposes of avoiding bidud.

SixOfWands

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My husband booked for himself and my son to go in may. They were supposed to go next week. The problem is that they're non refundable tickets so it was a risk. They were very cheap though! I was tempted to book for the whole family for then but with non refundable tickets it's just too much of a risk.

From the UK

Its 6 months, and my crystal ball doesn't go that far into the future.

I'd ask myself:

(1) Is this money I can lose? If the trip were cancelled, and you were unable to get any refund, how would it impact you financially?

(2) Weigh that against savings.

(3) Even if you are able to travel, there may be other restrictions. Some things may not be open, or may have limitations. Is it worthwhile for you to travel if that were the case?

Then weigh those things for you.

Remember that even if the vaccine has been introduced, and is effective, there is no way that it would have been rolled out to an extent that there is anything close to universal vaccination, so we're likely to be living in a hybrid world that is more open than now, but still has significant restrictions.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics