Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Don’t assume immunity if you got it in March 🤦🏻‍♀️
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:35 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
He had 2 tests a few months apart with similar results. They were low though, so probably wore off by now. Bh we are recovered.

He was positive for antibodies. But didn't test positive for covid the first time he was sick.

These are the cases I keep hearing about. Assumed covid when sick. Tested positive for antibodies. Then tested positive for covid.

I am so sorry for everybody's suffering!! And it sucks when people are sick twice. And that antibody tests confuse them. But also relieved that the cases are not two confirmed positive tests for covid months apart

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 20 2020, 11:37 am
bigsis144, I am so sorry that your son has tested positive!! I wish him a huge Refuah Shelaima!

Sending you lots of love and strength, and a Yeshua for all quickly!!

Hug

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:35 am
I've heard second hand of people who had it for in March/April and it was mild and died from it the second time around.

s c

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 11:47 am
They say that there are antibodies in T Cells that don't show up. My daughter had it very mildly in March. She basically just lost her sense of taste and smell. She is now in a sem with 95 girls who got the virus a few weeks ago (the majority of the sem) and she was absolutely fine and didn't test positive for antibodies but she obviously still has immunity. Nobody really knows how this all works.

naomi2

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 2:45 pm
People should read the op really carefully. Her husband did not get it twice! The title is very misleading. Her husband had it a while ago and her son did not get it then, but her son got it now. It just shows that it is not as contagious as we thought it was not that you can get it twice. Noone in op's family got it twice

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 3:05 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
You might remember that my husband had Covid-19 waaaay back in the beginning of all of this, and was in the hospital for a week before coming home in time for Pesach BH

So people might assume no one in my household would get it again?

Well, my son just tested positive and my whole house is locked down again. Fun fun fun.

Please don’t have parties with people outside your households, y’all.

Having it once doesn’t mean u can’t get it again!

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 3:41 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Having it once doesn’t mean u can’t get it again!

It does mean it's very unlikely.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 3:59 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
It does mean it's very unlikely.

Who says?
Is this your gut feeling or you have a source?

Mommyg8

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Who says?
Is this your gut feeling or you have a source?

Yes, my doctor is a source. He does multiple tests a day and he said (this was a month ago) that he has not yet seen someone who tested positive for covid earlier or has had antibodies test positive again. I have heard its possible, but through the grapevine.... at the very most, at this point, it's rare.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:07 pm
It's how diseases work in general.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:09 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Yes, my doctor is a source. He does multiple tests a day and he said (this was a month ago) that he has not yet seen someone who tested positive for covid earlier or has had antibodies test positive again. I have heard its possible, but through the grapevine.... at the very most, at this point, it's rare.

That's good news. I've only heard of one person getting it twice so far, personally. I just don't understand why, if this is the case - that it's rare to get infected a second time - so many people are showing to have lost their antibodies so quickly. Unless it's just a bad test in the first place, which is totally possible.

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:12 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:

I think it also depends how long this situation lasts....it's been several months, but in the scheme of things, not a really long time. Not when it comes to studying long term effects and consequences.

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:34 pm
I tested positive for antbodies back in April and when I retested recently I didn't haveanymore. Im blood type o and I hear its pretty common

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:44 pm
Well, my doctor has 2 people who tested positive twice. It is not so common but its possible. According to my doctor, who to me is a very credible source, its possible its not as rare as we think but many people h a d covid in March without testing so they are not considered confirmed cases when they test positive now.

According to my doctor, a patient had to test positive, then negative, then have antibodies and then positive again. Since most people didn't test in March, its hard to realistically prove how common it is to get it twice. Only more c time and testing will tell us c those facts.

As far as why there were so many deaths back then, it was a multitude of reasons. Older, sicker people got the covid, they now know various medications that slow the virus from becoming acute, Cuomo mismanagement of the pandemic.

At any rate, getting it twice is a possibility but we really don't have enough information to determine how common it is. It would be prudent for people to use common sense - go about your lives with 2 caveats - if you're sick, stay home; if you are in a place where there are many people, wear masks

wiki

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:15 pm
I know someone who had it in March (symptomatic, fever for a few days) and recently had it again with identical level of symptoms.

And she had antibodies in the spring.

happyone

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:20 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Yes, I personally know someone who was quite sick in March and doesn’t have antibodies anymore. However, I also know other people who were sick in March anyd still have high levels of antibodies.

it's very common. I had antibodies in March. several weeks later it dropped. two week after that was down to nothing.
Noone can tell you what that actually indicates .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics