Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Shabbos/Yom Tov tips and hacks — all seasons welcome lol
1  2  Next

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 6:33 pm
Let’s get started.

- On thursday night on an early shabbos Friday I put on a new plastic tablecloth and then polish the candlesticks and prepare the candles (we leave the white tablecloth to remind us every day that shabbos is coming and we’re joyfully awaiting it.)

- I wash and dry baby’s clothes and sheets so he would have something to wear during the week

- if you have frozen soup in a deli container don’t forget to take it out.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 6:40 pm
I keep a shabbos list on the fridge for the early shabbosim, to make sure I don't forget the details including soup, eggs, hot water urn, shabbos lamp, etc.

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 6:42 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I keep a shabbos list on the fridge for the early shabbosim, to make sure I don't forget the details including soup, eggs, hot water urn, shabbos lamp, etc.

Nice!!
And you update it every week or how does it work?

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 6:44 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Nice!!
And you update it every week or how does it work?

I have 1 list that is used for the whole winter. It's all the things I need to remember in order to prepare for shabbos.

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I have 1 list that is used for the whole winter. It's all the things I need to remember in order to prepare for shabbos.

I also keep a standard list of things to be done on the fridge. It’s the same list every week with things as vague as “lunch main”. It’s separated into cook,defrost, clean, and heat sections.

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:23 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I practiced the list by heart. How? I made a song out of the list. Now any time during Thursday or Friday I sing the song to myself in order to check if I remembered to do / make every single thing.

Frumme

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:26 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I practiced the list by heart. How? I made a song out of the list. Now any time during Thursday or Friday I sing the song to myself in order to check if I remembered to do / make every single thing.

Are you willing to share Very Happy

liveandlove.ima

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:33 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
On thursday night on an early shabbos Friday I put on a new plastic tablecloth and then polish the candlesticks and prepare the candles (we leave the white tablecloth to remind us every day that shabbos is coming and we’re joyfully awaiting it.)

Wow!! Just this shabbos I read an article of a Ger Tzedek in Williamsburgh and it reminded me of you (based on the facts it is not your DH) I was deeply inspired! sometimes I envy the connection you people have with Hashem
Keep on shining bright, You're a much-needed light to this world!

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:35 pm
mocha wrote:
Wow!! Just this shabbos I read an article of a Ger Tzedek in Williamsburgh and it reminded me of you (based on the facts it is not your DH) I was deeply inspired! sometimes I envy the connection you people have with Hashem
Keep on shining bright, You're a much-needed light to this world!

Thanks!
Btw I think I know who you may be speaking of!! His initials are YYB?

liveandlove.ima

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 7:39 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Thanks!
Btw I think I know who you may be speaking of!! His initials are YYB?

Yup! Smile

shanie5

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 9:37 pm
Thursday after work-no imamother until my shabbos prep is done!

ladYdI

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 10:10 pm
I keep almost everything in the freezer. I make 1-2 things greasy each week and make a big recipe to freeze. Chala, Soup, noodles, knaidels, meat/chicken, potato kugel, kishke, gala, liver. I bake salmon fresh 20 mins before shabbos and leave in oven. I put up a pot of chulent and make a fresh cole slaw or salad Friday morning, and cook eggs which kids also eat for Breakfast or lunch Friday.

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 10:51 pm
mocha wrote:
Yup! Smile

My husband and I are friends of that couple. Amazing people BH. We haven’t seen them in quite a while.

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 3:43 am
-Making lots of challah put in the freezer
-Lots of kigel in the freezer
-every shopping on Thursday really early
-making the base of the salads on Thursday (like cutting and everything)

Only want I make on Friday is soup and schnitzel or something meaty, I have the smoked salmon already a base of the salads, I clean the house, and voila

Dina2018

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:09 am
ladYdI wrote:
I keep almost everything in the freezer. I make 1-2 things greasy each week and make a big recipe to freeze. Chala, Soup, noodles, knaidels, meat/chicken, potato kugel, kishke, gala, liver. I bake salmon fresh 20 mins before shabbos and leave in oven. I put up a pot of chulent and make a fresh cole slaw or salad Friday morning, and cook eggs which kids also eat for Breakfast or lunch Friday.
so you can freeze gala? wow how does it work?

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:17 am
Dina2018 wrote:
so you can freeze gala? wow how does it work?

You bake them and freeze them, that is what I do... I make 2.5 kg of challos and then freeze. So we are with two persons, we have lots of challos.

Dina2018

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:44 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
You bake them and freeze them, that is what I do... I make 2.5 kg of challos and then freeze. So we are with two persons, we have lots of challos.

thank but no I meant gala not chala 😂👍

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 6:28 am
Dina2018 wrote:
thank but no I meant gala not chala 😂👍
oh I even know what that is 😂

Dina2018

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:49 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
oh I even know what that is 😂

http://shelef.net/jeans_cookbo......html

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:51 am
I make kugels in bulk on Sunday. When I cook things like deli roll I make extras for the freezer. I buy my challah.
Thurs night I make fish, dessert (if I’m not pulling from the freezer) and sometimes my lunch main.
Fri morning I put up my soup and prepare chicken (my husband works from home on Friday and can supervise the cooking). Pull kugel out of the freezer. Cook veggies when I come home.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics