Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Kids in Israel antibody test
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:20 am
Anyone test their kids in Israel for antibodies? Did they test positive? Thanks so much

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:54 am
Antibody tests have just begin to become widely available in Israel over the past couple of weeks, and very specific conditions apply as to who is eligible.

Last edited by Elfrida on Sun, Nov 22 2020, 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 6:02 am
We are eligible (someone in the house was positive) have a hafnaya just don’t want to give blood test if unlikely she’ll have antibodies

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 6:12 am
You won't know unless you try.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:19 am
Elfrida wrote:
Antibody tests have just begin to become widely available in Israel over the past couple of weeks, and very specific conditions apply as to who is eligible.

Isn't Mada testing everyone who donates blood for Covid antibodies?

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:22 am
Don’t they cost 200nis still?
Also do they give you immunity against the mask and bidud laws like a positive test and recovery do?

yc

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:44 am
what makes one eligible?
I would love to do but not sure if its worth the gamble of 220 shekel. if it was 'free' I would for sure do it!
my son had it in the summer and none of us got it. possibly we had it before him asymptomatic.
we think we were exposed purim time and had it then.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:46 am
Iymnok wrote:
Don’t they cost 200nis still?
Also do they give you immunity against the mask and bidud laws like a positive test and recovery do?
as far as I know it allows you to volunteer in corona hospital wards.
Some of my extended members tested, the one with antibodies is less careful about SD I don’t think there is any legal basis to this. Another family member was sure he’d be positive (and was eligible to test) but turned up negative.
I think you can get a teudat machlim that gives exemption from bidud, not sure if antibodies is enough.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:32 am
It is beginning to become available for free through the kuppot. This was included in the nohal Misrad HaBriut released just after the chagim, but it took time to get the infrastructure in place.

Like any other blood test, it requires a hafnaya from your doctor. There is a specific list of circumstances that allow him to give a hafnaya. One is having lived with family members who were חולים מאומתים. I don't remember the others. I have to go and read the nohal again. No one is allowed a test more than once in three months.

They aren't completely clear yet whether it will count as a get put of jail free card for bidud in the future, but you won't lose anything by doing the test.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:35 am
chanchy123 wrote:

I think you can get a teudat machlim that gives exemption from bidud, not sure if antibodies is enough.

Yes, anyone who has had Corona and recovered gets an ishur machlim which gets you out of bidud in the future. (And free entry to Eilat without doing another test for the next six months.)

Antibody tests are rather a new player on the Israeli scene, and everyone is still working out exactly where they fit in.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:36 am
Elfrida wrote:
It is beginning to become available for free through the kuppot. This was included in the nohal Misrad HaBriut released just after the chagim, but it took time to get the infrastructure in place.

Like any other blood test, it requires a hafnaya from your doctor. There is a specific list of circumstances that allow him to give a hafnaya. One is having lived with family members who were חולים מאומתים. I don't remember the others. I have to go and read the nohal again. No one is allowed a test more than once in three months.

They aren't completely clear yet whether it will count as a get put of jail free card for bidud in the future, but you won't lose anything by doing the test.

What does חולים מאומתים mean?

yc

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:38 am
If my son had corona 5 months ago can I still be eligible for the test?

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:40 am
Quote:
What does חולים מאומתים mean?

Confirmed cases.

חולה or חולים - ill
מאומת from the word אמת - true cases. Colloquially translates better as confirmed cases.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:43 am
Elfrida wrote:
Confirmed cases.

חולה or חולים - ill
מאומת from the word אמת - true cases. Colloquially translates better as confirmed cases.

Thank you!!

So if my husband had corona (confirmed case) I can get a free antibody test through the kupah?

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:43 am
yc wrote:
If my son had corona 5 months ago can I still be eligible for the test?

I don't remember. Ask your doctor.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:45 am
I'm going away to reread the nohal! And make supper!

Hiding Hiding Hiding

I'll try to answer questions later, all at once.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:49 am
Elfrida wrote:
I'm going away to reread the nohal! And make supper!

Hiding Hiding Hiding

I'll try to answer questions later, all at once.

You are the best!!! Thank you so much!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:13 am
If someone whole lives in your house tests positive you are entitled to a free via kupah test from 30 days after their postive test.. we got hafnayot will be doing test tomo at regular clinic... she read me the regulations and didn’t mention how long after positive test you are allowed so I would assume no limit.. worth making an appointment to ask! And from what I found you get the same ishur machlim as someone who had corona so no bidud even if come in from chul!

chanchy123

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If someone whole lives in your house tests positive you are entitled to a free via kupah test from 30 days after their postive test.. we got hafnayot will be doing test tomo at regular clinic... she read me the regulations and didn’t mention how long after positive test you are allowed so I would assume no limit.. worth making an appointment to ask! And from what I found you get the same ishur machlim as someone who had corona so no bidud even if come in from chul!

That’s like winning a golden ticket. All the benefits of a chole meumat without actually ever being sick.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Are you kidding?!?
Why didn't anyone tell me this?
My husband had corona over sukkos. Can we still do this?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics