Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How do you toilet train boys?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:35 am
My daughter has a son who is will be 4 iyh in April. He is a bright boy but delayed in language so is getting services. He is not in school since March due to carona. He is still in diapers. He does go to the bathroom occasionally when in the mood... What is the average age that a boy is completely toilet trained? Are there any tips on how to train?? I had only girls and have no recollection of this parsha since it was so long ago. Thanks!

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:07 am
Get the mini sized round toilet seat to put on top of the toilet like I did with my girls. Practice sitting down first - standing up comes later. I just put my ds on toilet every 10 min - stayed home for a week. And playgroup helped out too.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:15 am
Get a fun potty with a splash guard and put it near his toys. Let him go commando for 3 days. Hide all rugs 😆

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:18 am
Sounds gross, but I have them start with doing #1 in the shower and rinsing off right after. This way they learn to control their elimination before they need to learn to aim. Once they have got the hang of that, we progress to aiming in the toilet.

professor

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter has a son who is will be 4 iyh in April. He is a bright boy but delayed in language so is getting services. He is not in school since March due to carona. He is still in diapers. He does go to the bathroom occasionally when in the mood... What is the average age that a boy is completely toilet trained? Are there any tips on how to train?? I had only girls and have no recollection of this parsha since it was so long ago. Thanks!

In my experience, the only thing that worked was one adult has to literally take a day off from life. Follow the toddler's naked butt around ALL DAY and every time he peepees on the floor say "uh-oh! You made pp! It belongs in the toilet! Let's go to the toilet" hopefully you stopped him on time to finish in the toilet.

professor

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:34 am
Btw Amazon sells a baby urinal if he doesn't already reach the toilet which at four he might
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training