Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why are girls wearing center parts?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:35 am
Even if they look terrible...
This is the strangest trend that teen girls are wearing and most of them don’t even look good.
Why do people wear styles just to fit in if they look awful?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:36 am
I personally prefer center parts.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:37 am
Look at the sheitels their mothers are wearing. Stepford wives, anyone?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:38 am
Same reason all women wearing straight cut wigs when many look like a mop on their head....
Styles are dumb but they’ve been working that way for years

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:41 am
My daughter looks good in a middle part when her hair is down, but I hate the way she wears a low pony with a center part. So unflattering on her, but she claims everyone does it.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:45 am
I hate the center part!!!!
DD has been wearing one for years, and while it is not terrible, it is not the best.
Makes me crazy!!!!!

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:50 am
Why are you surprised that people follow trends. Look through history. This is not exclusively a Jewish thing at all.
This is a human thing that has and will always be

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
My daughter looks good in a middle part when her hair is down, but I hate the way she wears a low pony with a center part. So unflattering on her, but she claims everyone does it.

Same here.

happy chick

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:54 am
I guess I'm lucky my daughter has a cow lick, so there's only one place to part it. It actually really bothers me that I have to part it on the right, I'm used to parting on the left

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:58 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:

Yes, my daughter insists that EVERYONE wears their hair like this now. She says only the nerds don’t. I don’t want her to be a nerd but she honestly looks like one with a center part.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, my daughter insists that EVERYONE wears their hair like this now. She says only the nerds don’t. I don’t want her to be a nerd but she honestly looks like one with a center part.

Totally! And she’s at a very insecure stage, going through puberty and always says she’s ugly - she happens to be so beautiful but insists on doing these things that are so unflattering for her!

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:45 am
This is considered an "Issue of Concern within Frum Society?"

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:50 am
Lol. I see it all around. One niece looks awfuler than awful in that middle part. She's a really pretty girl!

Im hoping the trend holds becuause one of my girls hair parts in the middle like mine does. I could never part my hair at the side, neither could she. It just jumps up. Straight hair and all. Oftentimes I would do a zigzag just to add a bit if spunk. And it would jump both ways. Lol.

Middle part rarely looks good on someone whos hair doesn't naturally part that way.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:05 pm
A center part is the default natural part for most people.

mommish613

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:07 pm
When I was a teen in the late 90’s we all wore our hair in middle parts. Hair is trendy... please don’t be overly concerned

QUEENY

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:08 pm
My DD also insists on wearing one..I used to hate it..but her hair has gotten thicker so it looks a little better..she looks so much better in a side part but its more complicated to do so she would NEVER!

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:08 pm
You think the ugly trend of the moment looks stupid? Congrats, OP, you are officially #gettingold

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Even if they look terrible...
This is the strangest trend that teen girls are wearing and most of them don’t even look good.
Why do people wear styles just to fit in if they look awful?

Look at the pics of yourself as a kid and tell me whether your hairstyle suits your face or that’s the style everyone else wore.
I agree it’s hysterical how everyone is suddenly in middle parts, my kids included. Some of them looking ridiculous! Monkey see, monkey do, whether or not it suits you!

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:21 pm
I just don't see how not putting in the extra effort to change your part to the side looks ridiculous?

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:23 pm
can someone sent a picture I don't know what this all is
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics