Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Newborn wardrobe
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:48 am
is there a list anywhere of all the things needed to bring a newborn home ? I know the basics but would like to find a list of items to make sure I covered everything

amother
Red

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:54 am
babys breath layette on insta has a through one
go on pinterest..
naomi beneli on insta also posted one

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:54 am
I found a list in the what to expect book
I can upload a pic of it if you want

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:11 am
All you need are the basics! Very Happy
Undershirt
Stretchie
Hat if it’s cold
Blanket
Pacifier
Car seat (optional Bundle Me)

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:14 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
All you need are the basics! Very Happy
Undershirt
Stretchie
Hat if it’s cold
Blanket
Pacifier
Car seat (optional Bundle Me)

OT but we brought our baby home in hospital kimono undershirt. One for his top and another (his legs in the sleeves) made ‘pants’ Which is my way of staying that babes need a safe place to sleep and a safe way to travel hike from the hospital, they need diapers and little more. All the ‘must haves’ are marketing

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:21 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
OT but we brought our baby home in hospital kimono undershirt. One for his top and another (his legs in the sleeves) made ‘pants’ Which is my way of staying that babes need a safe place to sleep and a safe way to travel hike from the hospital, they need diapers and little more. All the ‘must haves’ are marketing

My June babies came home in undershirts! It’s ~100 degrees then where I live

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:31 pm
Jet-black, would you be able to upload the list? I would really appreciate it

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:35 pm
I just had a baby. Bring a onesie, stretchie, hat, car seat, car seat blanket. I brought two onesies and stretchies just in case. I also brought booties but didn’t use them. That’s really all you need to actually bring them home from the hospital. You’ll need to of course have all the rest of the basics at home (diapers, wipes, etc). Can give you a list of that too Smile

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 1:38 pm
I'm looking for a list of the basics for at home

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 2:37 pm
Re the hospital:
My hospital doesn’t provide wipes so consider bringing those
And
Pacifiers if you want to use them (“baby friendly” hospitals don’t provide

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 2:46 pm
I just had a baby. Here's what I have: stretchies, onesies, pants, shirts, jackets, hats, mittens so don't scratch, socks, sleeping sacks/swaddles, blankets, burp clothes, bibs, diapers, wipes, diaper ointment, infant tylenol, bacitracin, baby bathtub, baby towels/washcloths, bottles, nipples, breastpump, lanolin, nursing pads, nursing bra, formula, distilled water, bottle brush, baby monitor, bassinet, sheets, carseat, bundleme, snap n go, moby wrap. You might also want: baby swing, pacifiers, bouncer, changing table, boppy lounger and.or nursing pillow.

That's all I remember for now.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:30 pm
Lawngreen, you have the superdeluxe layette, far more than any newborn needs. Pants and shirts, for example--no newborn needs this. He's not going to be testifying before Congress any time soon; stretchies will do just fine and be more comfy for him and convenient for mom.

Distilled water--totally unnecessary. Good for your steam iron, though,if you live in a hard-water area. OTOH, how much ironing are you doing if you have a newborn?
Baby towel and washcloths--a luxury. Ordinary towels and washcloths will do just fine. The hood is cute but not a necessity, and any thin washcloth will serve.
Baby monitor--a luxury for lazy parents though it does allow you to check on the kid without opening his door. Useful if the door creaks badly, though oiling the hinges is cheaper.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:39 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Lawngreen, you have the superdeluxe layette, far more than any newborn needs. Pants and shirts, for example--no newborn needs this. He's not going to be testifying before Congress any time soon; stretchies will do just fine and be more comfy for him and convenient for mom.

Distilled water--totally unnecessary. Good for your steam iron, though,if you live in a hard-water area. OTOH, how much ironing are you doing if you have a newborn?
Baby towel and washcloths--a luxury. Ordinary towels and washcloths will do just fine. The hood is cute but not a necessity, and any thin washcloth will serve.
Baby monitor--a luxury for lazy parents though it does allow you to check on the kid without opening his door. Useful if the door creaks badly, though oiling the hinges is cheaper.

I feel like you’re my minimalist soul mate!!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:04 pm
Onsies with built in mitten cuffs
Blankets/swaddlers/blanket sleeper
Hats
Stretchies
Socks- but they always fall off
Diapers
Wipes
Formula and bottles if using - I like to have these ready just in case
Sterilizer
Pacifier
Car seat
Bassinet
Stroller
After the umbilical cord stump falls off
bathtub
baby wash & shampoo
washcloths
towels

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:32 pm
lawngreen, periwinkle - thanks so much. Exactly what I needed

shanarishona

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:29 pm
A bunting?

Also various nursing products ie cream etc...

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:22 pm
Just want to add to the lists above, I am finding a diaper caddy super convenient to have. I keep it upstairs by my bed at night and bring down during the daytime with everything I need for diaper changing and more. I store diapers, wipes, changing pad, change of clothes, pacifiers, prepared bottles and pre measured formula, disposable diaper bags, hand sanitizer. I also love having a wipes warmer. And if you’re having a boy you’ll need gauze pads and bacitracin for after the bris. Otherwise I think those lists were pretty comprehensive, but I keep ordering more things on amazing by the day. Good luck and bshaa tova!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:24 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

It's funny you should say that, because I actually managed to accumulate most of it by getting other people's hand-me-downs/for free. I guess I got really lucky.

Regarding the monitor, I never had for my other kids, but I happen to now have an extremely wild toddler and for fear of my baby's safety, I have to keep her away from him in a closed bedroom anytime I am not holding her and hence the need to be able to monitor her from afar.

I totally forgot about baby wash. Also a diaper bag for going out.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:42 pm
Some small things that are easy to forget if you don't have around:
Qtips (for the stump)
Bacitracin and gauze (if it's a boy)
Changing pad
Dye free detergent (lots of babies are sensitive in the beginning)

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:52 am
Btw re baby monitor-we just discovered a fun fact about our cordless house phone set-you can use it as a baby monitor!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics