Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Where did you buy your couch/sofa?
Previous  1  2

where did you buy your couch?
Jewish furniture store  
 55%  [ 48 ]
Department store  
 9%  [ 8 ]
Non-Jewish furniture store  
 34%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 86

little neshamala

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:51 am
Bought from Jennifer Leather 5 years ago. Fake leather, still in perfect conditon and gets totally abused by my kids every day

silverlining3

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:00 am
climbing613 wrote:
This happened to us and they refused to honor the warranty that we paid extra for. The leather peeled at approximately 3 years. I couldn't afford a new one at the time, so I had to put a cover on top. The couch is really comfortable, but the leather and the warranty are garbage
We also bought a table and chairs there. A chair broke a year later and they sent a replacement for the broken part rather than replacing the whole thing even though the whole back broke off. It took FOUR months to come.
Needless to say, I DO NOT recommend.

Sorry for your experience.

Amarante

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:01 am
Is this a poll out of curiosity or is OP trying to find a place to buy a good quality sofa.

What is your price range because that is going to determine the kind and to a great extent the quality of the furniture.

If you are truly looking for a quality piece of upholstered furniture, my advice would be to learn how a well built sofa is made including the frame; the springs, the stuffing and the actual fabric. That way one can ask intelligent questions wherever one is buying and make independent judgments.

If your budget is low you might do very well by checking Craigslist because it is almost impossible to sell upholstered furniture so you can often find great upholstered pieces if you are patient.

If you budget is high, then you would probably be best off going to a very good upholstery shop and having a sofa made for you since you can then specify exactly what you want - verifying construction of frame; the type of springs; materials used for the pillows (I.e. kind of foam; down/feathers or combination) and exactly the fabric you want to use.

Chloe22

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:57 am
Sofa from Thomasville.

momof2+?

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:49 am
Op here. I posted bec I want to buy a quality sofa for the best price I can. I woukd love to catch some black friday deals if possibke. At this point I do not want to reupholster a used couch or make one from scratch.

dena613

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:58 am
alef12 wrote:
Costco

Us too.

dena613

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:00 pm
Top grain leather is better quality.

Fake leather will crack and peel

Amarante

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:07 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Op here. I posted bec I want to buy a quality sofa for the best price I can. I woukd love to catch some black friday deals if possibke. At this point I do not want to reupholster a used couch or make one from scratch.

If you are responding to my post, my point was that any shopper of a relatively expensive item should do some research in terms of what constitutes a higher quality product so that one can then determine what represents good value - e.g. a well priced quality sofa versus a cheap sofa which is manufactured poorly and won't last.

Price is not always an indicator of quality as even relatively expensive sofas now are often constructed with inferior methods and materials and less costly sofas can be constructed better than more expensive sofas.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:44 pm
We bought our couches from La-Z-boy over 10 years ago and they're still in great condition despite my kids using the pillows to build forts. We didn't want leather though, so we got a rugged corduroy type material that has stood up well.

I had never heard of anyone buying furniture other than recliners from La-Z-boy but the store we went to shared a parking lot with Raymour & Flanigan so we popped in on a whim and liked their stuff much better.

Last edited by Rutabaga on Sun, Nov 22 2020, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

bigsis144

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:48 pm
teachkids wrote:
Where’s the option for hand me down?

Same here. Been married 10+ years and all our couches have been hand me downs.

My kids are tough on all furniture so our dining room table and chairs, breakfront, computer desk etc are all used.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 1:32 pm
climbing613 wrote:
This happened to us and they refused to honor the warranty that we paid extra for. The leather peeled at approximately 3 years. I couldn't afford a new one at the time, so I had to put a cover on top. The couch is really comfortable, but the leather and the warranty are garbage
We also bought a table and chairs there. A chair broke a year later and they sent a replacement for the broken part rather than replacing the whole thing even though the whole back broke off. It took FOUR months to come.
Needless to say, I DO NOT recommend.

Bob's has this weird policy of not covering wear and tear or damage from normal use. They will only cover if someone slices open the couch with a knife or colors it up or something falls on it. Very strange.

QUEENY

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 3:36 pm
When we where looking for leather couches 10 years ago we looked at Raymore and Flannigan first for Natuzzi couches. We went to Living courters in BP for the same couches and we got a better price there. 10 years still going strong.

teachkids

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 3:56 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
Same here. Been married 10+ years and all our couches have been hand me downs.

My kids are tough on all furniture so our dining room table and chairs, breakfront, computer desk etc are all used.

It also helps that our hand me down couch is dead ugly ( but very comfortable) so we always kept a cover on it.

Rhom

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 3:58 pm
NotLazySusan wrote:
Light color leather couch at Raymour and Flanagan Outlet 10 years ago, still looks almost new. And have children at home. Highly recommend!

Can you link it if they still make it?

MangoSmoothie

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:05 pm
I'm looking for a couch too. I can't afford leather and I don't want faux leather that will peel in 4-5 years. I want a material one that is easy to clean- any suggestions?
I would also love to take advantage of Black Friday deals from online options.

Mevater

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:15 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Bobs furniture has a 5 year warrantee, if damages were done by kids.
My sisters little child grabbed a knife and stabbed the couch. It was still in the 4th year, they sent her a replacement.

Thats interesting but others on this site said their Bobs sofas fell apart pretty quickly, without abuse.

Someone else here said that they dont honor peoples sofas falling apart, unless the sofa gets slashed by a child.

Mevater

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 11:50 pm
It seems like you have nothing to lose by buying a sofa at Costco.

Their website says " risk-free 100% satisfaction guarantee on both your membership and merchandise".

Can you see their sofas before purchase?

Those who bought at Costco, are the sofas holding up?

If you bought a Leather sofa, how does it look?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars