Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Help! DS's spraying bathroom

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:48 pm
I have a family of boys and my bathroom always gets sprayed up.
My bathroom always stinks and yellow by sides of toilet and floor. Its disgusting!!
Problem is each ds denies its his doing. I tried warning, reminding, checking up after use... nothing working!!

Its disgusting and embarrassing!

Any ideas how could solve this issue??

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:52 pm
What? What are they spraying with ?

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:53 pm
No blaming.
New rule. Each person must wipe down seat, cover and perimeter of floor with clorox after using the bathroom. Ask them if they wiped down. Not if they sprayed while urinating. Push them to wipe and be vigilant about it, walking in to check that they wiped, and if not, send them back in to do so.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:32 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
What? What are they spraying with ?

I guess you don't have boys.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:10 pm
I make my boys sit.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:13 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I make my boys sit.

Odler boys won't sit.
OP, maybe make a rotation every day a different boy will wash the bathroom. They might learn to be more careful if they're the one's washing the bathroom.
I also like amother Ecru idea of having everyone wash up after they use the bathroom.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:50 pm
Thanks for your ideas!

I like the idea of them wiping after themselves. Just hope wont be hard to do... keep track who uses bathroom when.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:10 pm
Have your DH talk to the boys about how big boys aim, and how only babies make a mess all over the bathroom. He should tell them that little boys have to sit down, until they can learn how to aim like big boys.

The boys should also have to do all of the bathroom cleaning. I like the rotating schedule idea.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:49 pm
Am I the only one who's boys make a bigger mess when they're sitting down. Maybe it's the size and shape of their anatomy.
But I push them to stand as young as possible.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:09 pm
Every time they urinate is probably overkill. I'd assign one kid each night to clean up. If its gross enough, they'll all try harder not to miss.

My local Staples had plenty of disinfecting wipes. I doubt they're Clorox of Lysol quality, but you can buy a few cannisters to get them started.

Also catch them being good about it. If you use the bathroom after Yossi, and its clean, praise him (assuming he's little; don't praise a teen on his bathroom habits!) After a few days, tell them that you had extra time because you don't have to be after them about the bathroom, so its ice cream time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics