Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Who here thinks we'll be allowed into Israel in May?
Previous  1  2

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:20 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Its 6 months, and my crystal ball doesn't go that far into the future.

I'd ask myself:

(1) Is this money I can lose? If the trip were cancelled, and you were unable to get any refund, how would it impact you financially?

(2) Weigh that against savings.

(3) Even if you are able to travel, there may be other restrictions. Some things may not be open, or may have limitations. Is it worthwhile for you to travel if that were the case?

Then weigh those things for you.

Remember that even if the vaccine has been introduced, and is effective, there is no way that it would have been rolled out to an extent that there is anything close to universal vaccination, so we're likely to be living in a hybrid world that is more open than now, but still has significant restrictions.

Well, it’s too late. They booked already. She just wanted to know if people think the trip will be able to happen.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Well, it’s too late. They booked already. She just wanted to know if people think the trip will be able to happen.

Exactly and it will be upsetting but the money lost won't be too difficult as my dh chose for it to be tied up in easyjet vouchers rather than for savings/spending so he didn't mind taking the risk. But when they talk about their trip excitedly I always stop them and say hey it might not happen! I know I'm a pessimist but I'm also a realist and it happened once, it can quite easily happen again Sad

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:32 pm
We have a very close wedding in February. The bride wants us to purchase tickets now that are cheap for $750 each. We can't take the risk for 2 tickets when we don't know what kind of world we are living in. We may have to skip this close wedding. Sad

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:
We have a very close wedding in February. The bride wants us to purchase tickets now that are cheap for $750 each. We can't take the risk for 2 tickets when we don't know what kind of world we are living in. We may have to skip this close wedding. Sad

It's so hard!
Do you definitely get no refund/credit? Some airlines are allowing refunds. Good luck and hope you get to the wedding!

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:45 pm
Flip a coin Covid-19 What

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 21 2020, 4:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's so hard!
Do you definitely get no refund/credit? Some airlines are allowing refunds. Good luck and hope you get to the wedding!

El Al is giving everybody a hard time.

We also don't know if we'll feel comfortable going in February. We don't know what the climate will be. We just are not in a position to plan in advance.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:48 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Anyone who has already had Corona, and can show printed proof of a positive PCR test at least ten says before flying doesn't have to do the full bidud. They do another test as soon as possible on entering the country (now there are facilities at the airport) and then they have to stay in bidud until they get results - normally within 14 hours. Assuming that test is negative, they are released from bidud.

Antibody tests and rapid tests are not considered diagnostic for purposes of avoiding bidud.

is this for israelis returning to israel from america? or americans? I thougth they weren't allowing americans in?

chanchy123

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:54 pm
ra_mom wrote:
February doesn’t sound realistic at all, however May is not so far-fetched.

Mashy123

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:48 pm
With this, you never know
In March we thought September would for sure be fine, now September is behind us and Israel is still closed to foreigners.

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:26 pm
ra_mom wrote:

That seems difficult to schedule.

Even if you re allowed to come, as of now, people flying in from non-green countries have to quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival. When scheduling your flight, keep in mind the possibility that such rules will still be in effect . It would be a shame to arrive and have to miss the wedding because you are stuck in mandatory quarantine.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:47 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
is this for israelis returning to israel from america? or americans? I thougth they weren't allowing americans in?

Foreign nationals are allowed in :

For the birth of a grandchild
For the Bar/Bat Mitzva of a granchild
For the wedding of a child or sibling
For deathbed/funeral visits of those who one would sit shiva for
Student visa (arranged by the school)
Certain business interests

Thr visa needs to be arranged in advance and they are granted on an individual basis, which can sometimes mean a lot of paperwork. Start applying early, and when booking the flight take two weeks of bidud into account. For a birth the visa is granted up to thiry days before the expected due date.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics