Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Do YOU make more than 200K
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:30 pm
We keep having this hypothetical conversation about what careers make 250K.
I am not saying what you think your cousin who does XYZ makes or what you assume a therapist's take home is.

Do YOU make that much-currently, not have the potential if you work more hours or in 10 years with more experience....and not included investments you have from a yerusha.
If so, what do you do, how many hours a week do you work, how long have you been doing it, and what did you do to get there.
Thank you.

I for one do not. I make about 70K. I am a registered dietitian nutritionist. I work inhouse and I am salaried.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:51 pm
You'll probably have to wait till tomorrow for replies, the hard workers in the tri-state ares should be sleeping now LOL

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:52 pm
Do you want those who’s spouse make that much to chime in as well?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:53 pm
nope Smile 33k, 30 hrs a week. office job

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:58 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Do you want those who’s spouse make that much to chime in as well?

Nope.
Women and men are often paid on different pay scales, work different hours due to familial responsibilities, or select different jobs for a myriad of reasons.

The other thread makes it sound easy to make 250K. Let's see how realistic it is for us, as women, and what those women do. I've even lowered the bar to 200K, as I didn't think that salary is as widespread as claimed.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:01 am
I will come back in 10 years to post yes. (I wish)
Honestly, I doubt most women who make that amount of money while away time on imamother. They must be super focused on their jobs and home life and don't have time for the lovely time suck imamother is.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:01 am
Yes, running an Amazon business

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:04 am
If I hadn’t been closed for 3 months of 20202 due to corona, I’d be just under 200k gross. Not net. Run my own business in my basement. 2019 I grossed 130k, and I raised pricing at the end of that year.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:06 am
I make just about that much. A cpa with my own home based private practise. Sometimes I work 8-9 hours a day. sometimes 6 and many months 2-4!!!

one part time employee

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:10 am
Delete

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:20 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Yes, running an Amazon business

Selling what?
Something you make or import?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:23 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
If I hadn’t been closed for 3 months of 20202 due to corona, I’d be just under 200k gross. Not net. Run my own business in my basement. 2019 I grossed 130k, and I raised pricing at the end of that year.

Doing what?
Shaitals?
Children's clothing?
Bar-Mitzvah monograms?
What do you do?

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Doing what?
Shaitals?
Children's clothing?
Bar-Mitzvah monograms?
What do you do?

I’m a photographer.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:27 am
Yes I'm a doctor. So yes I make that much, I work about 45 hrs/week on average and I trained for a long time to get here.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 12:52 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

What would be the net? (if you're comfortable sharing..)

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 1:04 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
What would be the net? (if you're comfortable sharing..)

2019 it was 88k. But I buy some “photography props” that I want/need for my home that I use for my business just a bit, if you get my drift, so the genuine net is more.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:07 am
So far I see dr, business owner, CPA...

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:13 am
Does it count if I have made that amount in the past?

Nurse anesthetist. I can afford to choose to take it easy for a few years and then go back to full time again.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 7:58 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
So far I see dr, business owner, CPA...

And the next post will be an attorney, lol. Why am I not shocked?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:15 am
...I'm an attorney. Yes, I earn more than 200k per year. On average, about 300k gross but this year, due to a number of factors, my income was 475k. I work approximately 33-35 billable hours per week but also manage an entire division of my firm, am an equity partner in a firm of 30 people and answer emails and calls 24/7, except shabbos. I'm directly responsible for the workflow of three associates and two paralegals as well as responsible for bringing in 10% of our firm's total cash receipts. I don't feel like I work THAT HARD compared to my friends in the field but I also worked extremely hard to go from first year associate to this position. My job has a significant amount of responsibility and it took years to get in this position, with this sort of revenue.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics