Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Chanukah gift ideas for babysitter

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:12 am
She is truly one of a kind and I want to give her something special. Any suggestions?

meme6

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:22 am
Gift card, a nice gift from a gift store, a cookbook.

dankbar

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:05 am
Is she a woman, an official every day babysitter or girl that sometimes comes to your home?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 3:27 pm
dankbar wrote:
Is she a woman, an official every day babysitter or girl that sometimes comes to your home?

Shes 40ish years old. Every day babysitter and were pretty close friends as well. I'm not the best when it comes to gifting ppl...never know what to give

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:29 pm
If you know she’s the type to enjoy this, it’s the most special gift you can get. You can even get it embroidered with best morah or whatever

https://www.swaddlebee.com/col.....elete

Reality

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 4:36 pm
An adult who babysits, no matter how sweet and loving, is doing it because she needs the money and isn't qualified to do anything else.

Please give her money or a universal gift card. She will appreciate that more then any gift.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:07 pm
Reality wrote:
An adult who babysits, no matter how sweet and loving, is doing it because she needs the money and isn't qualified to do anything else.

Please give her money or a universal gift card. She will appreciate that more then any gift.

That isn't true. As a childcare provider, I find that assumption offensive.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:14 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:

I second that.
What a chutzpa!
I'm a babysitter, I love kids , I love my job and as far as I know the families I watch love me!
However I think a gift card would be most appreciated! (Not cash it get used to pay for groceries!!)
Depends on how much you would like to give: Judaica store or home goods store, clothing store or linen...

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:15 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:

Not true at all some people need extra income but yet wanna stay home with there kids so they do babysitting. Some people feel with babysitting they can control there hours and be home and available for when there kids are off the bus. Most childcare providers do it with such love cause they just love kids.

Reality

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:24 pm
Didn't mean to offend anyone! I'm sorry!

To clarify what I meant: People who have a degree or specific skills are not usually babysitters.

Being a babysitter is a low pay and high energy job. So people work really hard yet don't get paid much. It doesn't mean babysitters aren't loving to their charges. It means they are underpaid. So don't give a babysitter a gift she doesn't need. Give a babysitter money or a gift card.

hodeez

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 5:50 pm
Amazon gift card

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 6:00 pm
I just ordered warm cozy gloves for my babysitter from Target, and I'm considering giving it with an additional target gift card- this way she has something that's really for her, and something she can use as she wishes.

dankbar

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 1:18 am
I once gave a towel stand with monogrammed fingertip towels.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 23 2020, 8:54 am
Thank you all so much for the ideas! I love the swaddle bee idea but not sure if she will appreciate it. I think I'll go with a gift card and a nice little gift along with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics